NVDAILY.COM | Valley 911
Posted December 2, 2011 | Leave a comment
Fire closes Winchester restaurant
WINCHESTER - A Thursday evening fire at the Camino Real Restaurant, 928 Berryville Pike, caused an estimated $100,000 in damages and has prompted closure of the restaurant.
According to a press release issued by Winchester fire chief Scott Cullers today, the 5 p.m. Thursday blaze was determined to be accidental.
Here's the press release about the incident:
Winchester Fire and Rescue Department responded for a reported structure fire at Camino Real Restaurant, 928 Berryville Avenue. The call was reported at 5:01 pm. Units arrived on scene within 2 minutes to find heavy smoke coming from the roof area and heavy smoke conditions inside. Units encountered a fire in the basement level. An aggressive interior fire attack was initiated and the fire was contained to the basement level. Heat, smoke, and water damage occurred throughout the restaurant.
Career and Volunteers from Friendship Fire Company, Rouss Fire Company, South Fire Company, and Shawnee Fire Company responded, along with assistance from Frederick County Greenwood Fire Company, Clearbrook Fire Company, Round Hill Fire Company, Gainsboro Fire Company, and Millwood Station Fire Company. Damage is estimated at $100,000. Health department officials have determined the building is uninhabitable for business. The fire was declared under control at 5:40 pm. One occupant was evaluated for smoke inhalation and there were no injuries to firefighters.
The fire was investigated by the Winchester Fire and Rescue Department Fire Marshal, with assistance from the Frederick County Fire and Rescue Fire Marshal. The fire was determined to be accidental in origin, originating in a freezer unit in the basement. The last units cleared the scene at 8:03 pm.
Copyright © The Northern Virginia Daily | nvdaily.com | 152 N. Holliday St., Strasburg, Va. 22657 | (800) 296-5137