NVDAILY.COM | Valley 9-1-1
Posted November 7, 2008 | Leave a comment
Condo fire caused by 'improper extinguishing of smoking materials'
This press release was just issued by the Frederick County Fire and Rescue Department:
Firefighters encountered fire on the third floor with extension in the attic. Smoke was visible from all surrounding areas. By the time firefighters were able to attack the fire, the roof collapsed. Three residents were hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
After approximately two hours, firefighters were abie to bring the fire under control with total extinguishment approximately six hours after the initial call.
According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. Improper extinguishing of smoking materials was the cause of the blaze. Damage is estimated at over $1 million.
Copyright © The Northern Virginia Daily | nvdaily.com | 152 N. Holliday St., Strasburg, Va. 22657 | (800) 296-5137