NVDAILY.COM | Valley 9-1-1

Posted April 28, 2009 | comments Leave a comment

Front Royal police remind residents of yard sale requirements

FRONT ROYAL -- Residents planning yard sales must obtain a permit before holding one, according to a release issued by Police Chief Richard H. Furr.

Town Code requires residents to obtain a permit from the town business office, which is open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. A separate license is required for each day a yard sale is conducted at an individual residence. The first two licenses are free, but subsequent licenses are $5 each. Residents may hold no more than six yard sales at their residence in each calendar year.

Signs may not be placed on the town's right of way - this includes telephone poles, street sign posts and next to the street.

Questions? Call the police department at 635-2111 or the town business office at 635-7799.

Copyright © The Northern Virginia Daily | nvdaily.com | 152 N. Holliday St., Strasburg, Va. 22657 | (800) 296-5137