Northern Shenandoah Valley wineries are offering lunches, seminars and wine tastings in January. Here's what's happening this holiday weekend and beyond:
Crooked Run Cellars, 1685 Crooked Run Road, Mt. Jackson.
Website: www.crookedruncellars.com | 540-477-9030
- Jan. 22: Saturday Night Music at the Barn. Wine, chili and entertainment by Scott Murray.
- Jan. 29: Saturday Night Music at the Barn. Wine, entertainment by Rick Harris.
Fox Meadow Vineyards, 3310 Freezeland Road, Linden, Va.
Website: www.foxmeadowwinery.com/ | Phone: 540-636-6777
- Jan. 22-23: Chili Days. Chili, bread, wine. No reservations. $14.
- Jan. 29: Entertainment by Lorraine Duisit. Harp, mandolin, guitar music.
North Mountain Vineyard, 4374 Swartz Road, Maurertown.
Website: www.northmountainvineyard.com | Phone: 540-436-9463
- Jan. 15, 22, 29: Soup Saturdays, featuring homemade gourmet soups. Noon - 4 p.m. $6.50 per bowl. Reservations requested.
- Jan. 15: Tuscan soup with tortellini.
- Jan. 22: Italian chicken and vegetable soup with Italian bread.
- Jan. 29: French provencial beef mushroom barley soup with French bread.
Website www.pcwinery.com | Phone: 540-364-1203.
- Lee-Jackson-King Board Game Weekend, Jan. 15, 16, 17. Bring your family and a board game.
- Lasagna weekends, January - March. Lasagna, garlic bread and glass of wine by the fireplace in Cleve Hall.
- Jan. 15: Winemaking seminar, Class 102, "From Grape to Glass." Free admission. 1 - 3 p.m.
- Jan. 22: Third annual Philp Carter birthday bash and open house. Benefits Ducks Unlimited. Cake, music, wine. 2 - 5 p.m.
- Jan. 22: Wine Tasting Class 103. Free to VIP members. 1 - 3 p.m. $25 per person.
http://rappahannockcellars.com/ | Phone: 540-635-9398
- Jan. 15-16, Martin Luther King Jr. weekend: Complimentary mulled wine. Introducing 2009 Noblesse Rouge
- Jan. 22: Winemakers Dinner at Marriott Ranch. 7 p.m. Five-course meal and wine. $99 per person plus tax, 5305 Marriott Lane, Hume.
Veramar Vineyard, 905 Quarry Road, Berryville.
Website: www.veramar.com | Phone: 540-955-5510.
- Jan. 15: Wine tasting and class. 1 p.m. $15 per person.
- Jan. 22: Cheese fondue, wine tasting. Noon to 5 p.m. $15 per person.