Community News & Events: July 22
The Valley Wildlife Care Center will present a program on animal habitats as part of a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) program from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Bowman Library in Stephens City for ages 9 to 17. Registration required by calling 540-869-9000.
As part the Reading By Design summer program, members of the Bright Star Theater will perform two shows Wednesday:
• Strasburg Community Library: 1 p.m., building stories.
• Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg: 3:30 p.m., American Tales & Tunes.
Information: 540-465-8464 or 540-984-8200.
The Daily Pain Support Group, for female Fibromyalgia patients only, will meet from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Daily Grind on Jubal Early Drive in Winchester.
Seating is limited. Registration required by calling Teresa Emerick at 540-247-9535.
The Massanutten Antique Tractor and Gasoline Engine Club will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Edinburg Fire Hall. The club meets the last Wednesday of each month. Information: 436-3652.
Handley Library in Winchester has announced the following programs will be held:
• Non-fiction writers group meeting: 6:30-8 p.m., Wednesday for people considering writing their memoirs, compiling a family genealogy or penning a historical account, etc.
• Science Unscripted: 2-3 p.m., Thursday for ages 6-12. Members of the Maryland Science Center will conduct science experiments and demonstrations with liquid nitrogen, biochemistry and combustion reactions.
• #ThrowbackThursday: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Thursday for teens. The movie being shown is “Suite Life on Deck: Anchors Away.” Registration required.
Information: 540-662-9041 or www.handleyregional.org.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.