Community News & Events: Nov. 3
A card shower is planned for Rex Spitler, who will celebrate his 57th birthday Monday. Cards can be sent to 43 Lodge Hall Road, Mount Jackson 22842.
Over 50 vendors will be at the Clarke County Parks and Recreation Department’s fall and holiday craft fair from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at 225 Al Smith Circle, Berryville. Information: 540-955-5140.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal has announced the following programs for adults will be offered:
• Microsoft Office workshop: 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday and Nov. 18.
• Hello Computer: 1-2 p.m., Tuesdays.
• The History of Front Royal World War I meeting on Wednesday has been postponed.
• Exploring computers: 1-2 p.m., Thursdays. The class will focus on the program Microsoft Publisher.
• Genealogy Nuts will offer an extra meeting Nov. 15.
• English as a Second Language will hold its last class of the year Nov. 16. Classes resume Jan. 16.
Shenandoah Conservatory in Winchester will host the following free concerts in Goodson Chapel Recital Hall:
• Sunday: 4 p.m., recital by Laura Bennett Cameron.
• Monday: 7 p.m., concert by Two Guys, Two Guitars.
• Thursday: 7 p.m., Honors Chambers performance.
Handley Library in Winchester will host the following programs:
• Lecture: 6:30-8 p.m., Monday featuring Randell Jones, author of “In the Footsteps of Daniel Boone.”
• Open mic poetry night: 6-8 p.m., Wednesday sponsored by Shenandoah Poetry Alliance.
• Genealogy: 6:30-8 p.m., Wednesday on researching Revolutionary War ancestors.
The Shenandoah Valley Chorus will begin rehearsals for its Christmas concerts at 6:30 p.m. Monday at First Christian Church in Winchester. Performances are scheduled for Dec. 3, 9 and 10. Information: 540-955-2851.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will hold the following programs:
• Manga Art (tweens and teens): 6-7 p.m., Monday and Nov. 20.
• Lego Club: 4:30-5:30 p.m., Monday for elementary- and middle school-age children.
• Dance party: 4-5 p.m., Tuesdays for toddlers, preschoolers and their grownups.
• Arts and crafts (ages 8-14): 5-6 p.m., Wednesday. The program will be on knitting. Kids should bring their own needles.
• Chess Club: 5:30-7 p.m., Thursday.
The Woodstock United Methodist Church Men will hold an Election Day turkey dinner with all the trimmings from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday. The cost is $12 for adults, $6 for children 6-12 and free for children under 6. Proceeds benefit several local ministries.
The Hamburg Ruritan Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at St. Mary’s Pine Lutheran Church in Mount Jackson.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal has announced the following children’s programs will be held:
• The Makers Club (school-age): 4:30 p.m., Tuesday. Theme: the changing colors of leaves.
• Time for Baby (ages birth to 2): 11 a.m., Tuesday. Theme: Thankful For You!
• Future Einsteins (ages 6-11): 4-5:30 p.m., Wednesday.
• Toddler story time: 10:15 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday. Theme: monsters.
• Preschool story time: 11 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday. Theme: monsters.
• Nov. 10 is the deadline to submit entries for the annual holiday writing contest.
The Shenandoah County Public Schools Special Education Department will host two lectures Tuesday by Tracy Le, Family Engagement Specialist with the Virginia Department of Education. Both sessions will be held in the county boardroom at the Government Center in Woodstock.
• 2-3 p.m.: Communication and Collaboration with Families of Students with Disabilities.
• 6-7:30 p.m.: Encouraging Positive Behaviors in the Home.” Recertification points available for teachers.
Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold preschool story times from 10:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays this month for ages 3 and up.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.