The following are some of the area’s events being planned this weekend commemorating Veterans Day:
• USAF Col. John C. Casserino, a physics instructor at Randolph-Macon Academy, will be the speaker, along with American Legion Giles B. Cook Post 53 Commander Larry Funk, at a ceremony honoring veterans from 11 a.m. to noon today at the Warren County Courthouse in Front Royal.
• A free lunch will be held from noon to 2 p.m. today at American Legion Giles B. Cook Post 53, 22 W. 8th St., Front Royal. Information: 540-635-5017.
• The Future Farmers of America chapter at Signal Knob Middle School will host its annual Veterans Day breakfast and program at 8 a.m. Saturday in the cafeteria. Veterans may call 540-465-6835 to reserve a seat.
• Massanutten Military Academy in Woodstock will hold a commemorative program in observance of Veterans Day from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. The Corps of Cadets will conduct an on-campus parade at 11 a.m. honoring Shenandoah County veterans. There will be displays of military vehicles and equipment set up around campus. Veterans are invited for lunch afterward in the Mess Hall.
• American Legion Post 199 will serve lunch starting at noon at the post home in Woodstock.
• The Narrow Passage chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution placed flags on the graves of veterans at Mt. Zion Lutheran Church at Fairview.
• Col. Charles T. Pinkham, U.S. Air Force retired, will be the speaker at a Veterans Day program at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Omps Funeral Home, South Chapel at Shenandoah Memorial Park, 1260 Front Royal Pike.
• American Legion Conrad-Hoover Post 21 will serve a free lunch for veterans and their families starting at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at 1730 Berryville Pike, Winchester. Information: 540-662-9501.
• The Veteran of the Year will be honored during a ceremony at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Clarke County Government Center. VFW Post 9760 Commander Tom Vorisek and American Legion Post 41 Commander Robert Ferrebee will conduct a wreath-laying ceremony.
• An open house and free luncheon will be held at noon Saturday at the VFW post home at 425 S. Buckmarsh St.
• The Clarke County Community Band will give a free concert at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Barns of Rose Hill, 95 Chalmers Court. Information: 540-955-2004.
• The Berryville Baptist Church will hold a special service at 11 a.m. Sunday at 114 Academy St.
A Veterans Day ceremony will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Luray VFW Post. Information: www.vfwpost621.org.