Community News & Events: Dec. 16
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following meetings will be held:
• Cabin Hill 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Conicville Fire Hall.
• 4-H/FFA Livestock Show & Sale Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Extension office.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will host the following programs for adults:
• GED course: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., every Tuesday and Thursday.
• Genealogy workshop: 6 p.m., every Wednesday. No workshop Dec. 27.
• Books and Beyond Book Club: 10 a.m., Wednesday. The book being discussed will be “My Name is Lucy Barton” by Elizabeth Strout.
• Vibes in the Libes: 11 a.m., Dec. 22 featuring musician John Kovac and Friends.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following programs for children:
• Toddler story time: 10:15 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday. The theme will be about Christmas.
• Preschool story time: 11 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday. The theme will be about Christmas.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will hold a Teen Writer’s Guild meeting at 5 p.m. Thursday for ages 12 to 18.
The Warren County Government Center in Front Royal will host a bloodmobile from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday.
Walk-ins are welcome but appointments are preferred by visiting www.donateblood.vablood.org.
Dec. 22 is the deadline to register for eight-week line dance classes starting Jan. 11 sponsored by Shenandoah County Parks/Rec:
• Ultra beginner class (ages 55 and over): 4 p.m., in Woodstock. Cost: $45.
• Ultra beginner class (ages 10-older): 6:30 p.m., in Edinburg. Cost: $49.
• Beginner-intermediate classes (ages 10-older): 7:30 p.m.
Information, registration: 459-6777.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.