Community News & Events: Dec. 18
Outstanding 4-H members, leaders and supporters were recognized last month during the annual 4-H Achievement Night program in Woodstock. The following awards were presented:
• Outstanding County 4-H Member: Sabrina Bauserman, Lebanon Church and Exchange clubs; Anna Rankin, Toms Brook.
• Outstanding Leader: Donna Rhodes, Toms Brook.
• Outstanding 4-H Family Award: Billy, Kara and Missy Hockman, Lebanon Church.
• Alan Boyer Memorial Award: Isaac Rhodes, Toms Brook.
• William Danforth “I Dare You” Awards: Roberto Falzarano, Cabin Hill; James Zirkle, New Market.
• 4-H Honor Club: James Eaton and Sarah Eaton.
• Abbey Rinker was recognized as a Northern District 4-H Ambassador, State 4-H Congress cabinet member, Southern Regional 4-H Horse Championship Competitor, and State 4-H Horse Ambassador.
• Tiffany Heishman was recognized as a delegate selected for the 2017 National 4-H Congress in Atlanta and as the Charlotte H. Rinker Leadership Award winner for 2017.
• 4-H Shooting Education Ambassadors: Niki Funkhouser and Ethan Gochenour, Seven Bends Shooting Education Club; J.J. Bingaman, Little North Mountain Shooting Education Club.
• 4-H All Stars: Hannah Orndorff and Donna Rhodes.
• Friends of 4-H Awards: Shenandoah County Department of Parks and Recreation and Shenandoah County Adult Dairy Club.
Shenandoah County 4-H leaders were recognized for their years of service last month during the 4-H Achievement Night program.
• 40-year pin: Carol Boyer, Fort Valley.
• 35-year pin: Teresa Funkhouser, Exchange Club.
• 25-year pin: Wayne Kipps, New Market.
• 15-year pins: Julie Barb, 4-H Lone Star; Kenney Coffey, Livestock Club; Valerie Kibler, 4-H Lone Star.
• 10-year-pin: Michelle Binebrink, Toms Brook; John Funkhouser, Livestock Club; James Rhodes, Toms Brook; Dawn Rinker, Toms Brook.
• 5-year pin: Ronald Bauserman II, Lebanon Church; Darrin Markley, Livestock Club; Cody Ross, Livestock Club.
Carol Boyer was recognized as the District 4-H Leaders’ Association treasurer.
Ethel Showman and Steve Wood were recognized as the State 4-H Volunteer Leaders’ Association representatives from Shenandoah County.
4-H project winners
Shenandoah County 4-H project medal winners for 2017 were announced during the Achievement Night program held at Central High School. Receiving medals for excellence in their respective projects were:
• Achievement: Sabrina Bauserman and Weston Copp.
• Agriculture: Blake Dysart, Samuel Steed, James Zirkle and Lindsay Zirkle.
• Beef: Houston Kibler and James Zirkle.
• Cat care: Ian Sasscer.
• Consumer Education & Management: Sabrina Bauserman.
• Dairy: Sarah Eaton and Ezra Smith.
• Food and nutrition: Tinleigh Rusher and Erin Van Norton.
• Goat: Nicholas Brinebrink, Braya Dysart, Rosa Falzarano, Hannah Fisher, Mason Fisher, Regan Hoffman, Shyann Jordan and Tinleigh Rusher.
• Livestock: Erin Reiley.
• Photography: Kaylee Cobb.
• Sheep: Rosa Falzarano.
• Shooting sports: Seth Henry, Tinleigh Rusher and Erin Van Norton.
• Swine: Tiffany Heishman.