Community News & Events: Dec. 2
A card shower is planned for Elsie Woods, who will celebrate her 86th birthday Friday. Cards can be sent to 136 Sara Ann Ave., Edinburg 22824.
The Shenandoah County Department of Social Services will host a monthly caregiver support group meeting from 2 to 3 p.m. Wednesday. Light refreshments served. Information: Suzanne Brooks at 459-6905.
Warren County Parks and Recreation will sponsor the following programs:
• Pick-up pickelball (ages 55-up): 10 a.m.-noon, Wednesdays at the Health and Human Services Complex. Cost: $2.
• Open basketball (ages 16-up): 7:30-9:30 p.m., Wednesdays at the Health and Human Services Complex. Cost: $3.
• Breakfast with Santa: 9:30-11:30 a.m., Dec. 9. Photos taken and available on site. Cost: $10 per person or $35 for families of four. Pre-registration recommended.
Handley and Bowman libraries will host support group meetings for breast-feeding mothers on the following schedule:
• Handley Library: 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, Latch Circle. Information: Jessica Vincent at 540-722-3470.
• Bowman Library: 10 a.m., Thursday, La Leche meeting. Information: Donna Hughes at 540-869-9000, ext. 215.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will host a teen arts night from 5 to 6 p.m. Thursday. Information: 540-869-9000.
The Warren County High School class of 1952 will meet for lunch at noon Thursday at Houlihan’s Restaurant in Front Royal. Information: Shirley Place at 540-667-5452.
The Shenandoah County 4-H Exchange Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the courtroom of the Historic Courthouse in Woodstock. Information: 459-6140.
The Clarke County Library in Berryville will host the following programs:
• Preschool story time (ages 3-up): 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays.
• Brown Bag with Books Club: noon-1 p.m., Thursday at Barns of Rose Hill, featuring “The Hiding Place” by Corrie Ten Boom.
• Factivities STEM program (ages 6-11): 3:45 p.m., Thursdays.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.