Community News & Events: Feb. 21
The Front Royal Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. today at Town Hall.
The Front Royal Delta Rho Philanthropic Sorority will host a game night to raise funds for C-CAP, St. Luke’s and Blue Ridge Hospice from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday at Marlow Heights Baptist Church, 517 Braxton Road, Front Royal.
Tickets are $2 and $1 for additional games. Door prizes. Free refreshments.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has scheduled the following activities:
Sunday: 2:30 p.m., practice for the Share the Fun event at Zion Lutheran Church, Edinburg.
Monday: 7 p.m., county 4-H Council meeting at the Extension office.
Tuesday: 4 p.m., interviews for Culpeper, Shenandoah, Rappahannock, Spotsylvania 4-H summer camp CIT and teen leaders at the Extension office.
Handley Library in Winchester has announced the following activities:
• Teen Advisory Board meeting (ages 12-up): 4:30 p.m. Monday.
• Non-fiction writer’s group: 6:30-8 p.m. Feb. 28.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will host an evening of Anime and Pocky from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday for students in grades six-12. Information: 540-869-9000.
Patrick Philbin, a seventh-grade student at Chelsea Academy in Front Royal, placed first among 66 students in grades six through eight from nine local schools at the Blue Ridge chapter MATHCOUNTS competition Feb. 3.
The school’s team, coached by math teacher Guy Bauer, placed fourth overall and four members placed in the top 15 spots.
Philbin will advance to the state competition on March 19 in Richmond.
The following personnel appointments were made at the Feb. 21 meeting of the Warren County School Board:
- Larry Funk and Jacqueline Nesbit have been assigned as part-time car drivers/aides.
- Dora Hernandez Rivera has been assigned as a cafeteria substitute.
- Warren County High School: Richard Gardner will replace Jonathon Nicholson as co-junior varsity baseball coach; Andrew Nicholson will replace Jonathon Nicholson as co-junior varsity baseball coach; Jonathon Nicholson will replace Michael Detweiler as assistant varsity baseball coach.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.