Community News & Events: April 14
Legacy Christian Academy will hold an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner from 5 to 8:30 p.m. today at What’s New Worship, 2249 Valor Drive, Winchester. Proceeds will benefit the senior class.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will hold the following children’s programs:
- Toddler time (ages 3-younger): 11 a.m., Monday.
- Lego Club (elementary and middle schoolers): 5 p.m., Monday.
- Teen sketch and draw (ages 12-up): 6 p.m., Monday.
- Dance party: 4 p.m., Tuesday.
- Storycrafters: 6 p.m., Tuesday.
- Story time (ages 3-up): 11 a.m., Wednesday.
- Nature Surprises for Kids (ages 8-up): 5 p.m., Wednesday.
- Baby Time (ages 0-15 months): 11 a.m., Thursday.
The Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following children’s activities:
- Preschool Time (ages 3-up): 10:30 a.m., Tuesday.
- Story Art (ages 5-10): 3:45 p.m., Thursday.
- Paws for Reading: 1 p.m., April 21.
The Compassion Cupboard will distribute food from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday at 533 Burgess St., Strasburg. Information: 465-9476.
Blue Ridge Prism will hold its quarterly meeting from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday at the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute, 1500 Remount Road, Front Royal.
Guest speakers will be Rod Simmons, natural resource manager and plant ecologist for the City of Alexandria, and Charles Smith, branch chief of the Fairfax County Stormwater Planning Division. They will talk about natural lands’ restoration following invasive plant treatment.
Information: email email@example.com.
Donna Shrum, an eighth-grade English teacher at North Fork Middle School, and her students will dedicate a daffodil garden at 8:30 a.m. Thursday as part of the Daffodil Project Holocaust Memorial Garden Project.
The school’s garden will be the third one in the state, joining ones at the Virginia Holocaust Museum in Richmond and Virginia Tech in Blacksburg.
Handley Library in Winchester will hold the following programs:
- Toddler Time (ages 3-under): 10:30 a.m., Thursday.
- Construction Club: 6 p.m., Thursday and 4 p.m. Friday.
- History Book Club (adults): 7 p.m., Thursday, discussing “Blood and Thunder” by Hampton Sides.
- Dance party (ages 0-5): 10:30 a.m., Friday.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.