Community News & Events: June 12
A card shower is planned for Charles and Ellen Barrick, who will celebrate their 58th wedding anniversary Sunday, and for Ellen Barrick, who will also celebrate her birthday Sunday. Birthday and anniversary cards can be sent to 166 Tumbling Run Lane, Strasburg, Virginia 22657.
Massanutten Antique Tractor and Gasoline Engine Club will host a show Friday and Saturday at the Conicville Fire Department.
Saturday events include a breakfast by the fire department from 7 to 11 a.m., children’s pedal tractor races and games, antique tractor games, tractor parade, and more.
Admission is free. Non-perishable food items will be accepted to benefit the local food bank. Information: 540-335-2515 or www.massanuttenantiquetractor.com.
A bake sale to benefit Harper Gochenour will be held starting at 9 a.m. Saturday at Brother’s Pizza and Subs, 24842 Old Valley Pike, Maurertown.
Oak Level United Methodist Church will sponsor its second Fort Valley yard crawl Saturday starting at 1809 Camp Roosevelt Road.
A map will be available at the church as well as coffee and donuts in the morning and Sloppy Joes, hot dogs and cold drinks in the afternoon.
Information: Martha Stout at 540-933-6053 or email@example.com.
Living Water Christian Church will hold vacation Bible school from 8:45 a.m. to noon Saturday for ages 3 and older at 72 N. Lake Ave., Front Royal.
Children should wear play clothes as there will be water games. Information, registration forms: email firstname.lastname@example.org with VBS in the subject line.
The Clarke County Library will host Stories in the Park at 10 a.m. Saturday (weather permitting) at Rose Hill Park, Berryville. Information: www.handleyregional.org.
Handley Library in Winchester will kick off its summer reading program from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday featuring the children’s rock band Rocknoceros performing at 1:15 p.m.
Activities include yard games, face painting with Rachel, popsicles and sign up for summer reading programs. Information: 540-662-9041.
Medicaid enrollment assistance will be available from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the New Market Library.
Applicants will get one-on-one help completing their applications for Medicaid, free or reduced-price school lunches and other programs. Information: 540-217-0869.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the children’s program, Kooky Chefs Cook the World, at 11 a.m. Saturday for ages 6 and older. Information: 540-635-3153.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will offer the following programs for adults:
- Father’s Day workshop: 1 p.m., Saturday featuring woodworking, pyrography (art with heat) and T-shirt silkscreen stations. Bring plain, solid-color T-shirt.
- Books & Beyond book club: 10 a.m., June 20, discussing “The Translator” by Daoud Hari.
- What the Tech: 4 p.m., June 28. Teen volunteers will help with phones, smart devices, tablets, laptops and e-Readers.
- Altered Books workshop: 10 a.m., June 30, learn how to make a bird-related craft using old discarded books.
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley will offer the following programs at 901 Amherst St., Winchester:
- Garden Explorers – Building with Lego Bricks: 10:30 a.m.-noon, Saturday for ages 4 and older. The cost is $7 per child or $5 for MSV members.
- Sculpture Walk – Gods in the Gardens: 3 to 4 p.m., June 21 and June 24. Registration required by June 19 and 22. The cost is $15 or free for MSV members.
Registration, information: www.themsv.org.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.