Community News & Events: June 27
The Shenandoah County Extension Office in Woodstock has announced the following meetings will be held:
- Toms Brook 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 6 p.m. Sunday at the United Methodist Church.
- Seven Bends 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Round Hill Church of the Brethren in Toms Brook.
- 4-H Goat Club will meet at 7 p.m. July 4 at American Legion Post 199 in Woodstock.
Master Gardeners will be available to answer home horticulture questions from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at the Extension office at the Warren County Government Center in Front Royal. Information: 540-635-4549.
The Woodstock-Edinburg Adult Active Fellowship will meet at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the Edinburg VFW. Those attending are asked to bring a wrapped prize for bingo and non-perishable item for the food pantry.
Lunch will be available for purchase following the meeting. Information: Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation at 540-459-6777.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will show the movie “Anna Karenina” at 5:30 p.m. Monday for adults.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group, for adults with various types of mental illnesses, will hold meetings on the following schedule:
- Winchester: noon-1:30 p.m., each Monday at NAMI office, 411 N. Cameron St.; 7-8:30 p.m., each Monday at Winchester Medical Center VH System Support Building, 220 Campus Blvd., ground-floor Conference Room 1.
- Front Royal: 7-8:30 p.m., first and third Tuesdays at Warren Memorial Hospital.
- Luray-Page County: 6:30-8 p.m., first and third Tuesdays at Page Memorial Hospital.
- Woodstock: contact the NAMI office for time and location.
Information: 540-533-1832 or email@example.com.
The Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following activities:
- Monday: 10:30 a.m., Tales of the West musical program about the Transcontinental Railroad.
- July 5: 4 p.m., Lego Club for elementary and middle school students.
Handley Library in Winchester will hold the following activities:
- Monday: 2 p.m., hula dancing for ages 3-up; 5 p.m., TeenSTEAM for middle and high school students, registration required.
- Tuesday: 6:30 p.m., teen trivia night for middle and high school students.
- July 6: 2 p.m., Crafternoons for ages 6-11, registration required; 4 p.m., Lego Club.• July 7: 10:30 a.m., family story time; 11 a.m., Lego Club; 2 p.m., Paws for Reading with certified therapy dogsInformation: 540-662-9041.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will hold the following activities:
- Monday: 5 p.m., Lego Club; 6 p.m., teen sketch and draw for ages 12-up.• Tuesday: 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., hula dancing for ages 3-up; 6 p.m., story crafters; 6 p.m., Camp NanoWriMo.• July 5: 10 a.m., La Leche meeting; 2 p.m., X-box open game play for ages 8-up.
- July 6: 11:30 a.m., Build Together; 2 p.m., X-box open game play.• July 7: 10 a.m., chess (all ages and skill levels); 11 a.m., family story time; 1 p.m., family film “Mona” shown, bring picnic lunch.
Spay Today, the area’s nonprofit reduced-priced spay and neuter program, offers shots and tests at lower rates in addition to reduced-priced spay and neuter programs with many veterinarians over a wide area. Information: 304-728-8330 or www.baacs.org.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.