Community News & Events: July 6
A card shower is planned for William “Billy” Sager, who will celebrate his 80th birthday July 12. Cards can be sent to 2631 Middle Road, Winchester, Virginia 22601.
Tuesday is the deadline to order barbecued chicken being sold by the Toms Brook Volunteer Fire Department on July 15. Orders: 540-325-1777.
Area blood drives will be held at the following locations:
- Shenandoah Memorial Hospital in Woodstock: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday.
- Olive Garden, Winchester: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday. Co-sponsored by Winchester Hiram #21 Masonic Lodge. Soup, salad and breadsticks for all donors.
Walk-ins welcome, but appointments are encouraged at www.donateblood.vablood.org.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will host The Great Zucchini Magic Show at 2 p.m. Tuesday for ages 6 to 11.
Area libraries will hold storytimes for babies on the following schedule:
- Strasburg Community Library: 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
- Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg: 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
The New Market Library will hold the following activities:
- Storytime for Babies: 10 a.m., Monday and July 23.
- Reading program (ages birth-fifth grade): 10 a.m. Thursday for program with members of the New Market Rebels Baseball Team at Rebel Park.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will host the following activities for adults:
- Movie: 5:30 p.m. Monday featuring “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.”
- Genealogy workshop: 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Crochet Group: 10 a.m. Wednesday and July 25.
The Valley Marines will meet for lunch at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Southern Kitchen Restaurant in New Market.
No reservations are necessary. There is no formal program, no dues or dress-of-the-day. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley will hold its Tiny Tales storytime at 11 a.m. Wednesday at 901 Amherst St., Winchester. The theme will be about places around the world.
The Christian Women’s Connection will hold a luncheon meeting from noon to 1:30 p.m. July 12 at the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club in Front Royal.
The guest speaker will be Yvette Perrin of Charlotte Court House. The cost is $16. Free child care provided. Reservations: Betty at 540-622-2939 or Shirley at 540-635-4560.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.