Community News & Events: Aug. 28
The Stephens City McDonald’s will sponsor a bloodmobile from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Walk-ins welcome, but appointments are encouraged at www.donateblood.vablood.org.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following children’s programs Saturday:
- Books and Barks: 10 a.m., children read with a trained therapy dog.
- Discuss This (ages 12-up): 2 p.m.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
White Hall United Methodist Church will hold its annual fall festival and yard party Saturday at 3265 Apple Pie Ridge Road, Winchester.
Homemade food will be available starting at 3:30 p.m. An auction will start at 6 p.m. It will feature theme baskets, quilts, a cherry end table, railroad stools and more. A portion of proceeds benefit missions.
The New Market Chamber of Commerce will sponsor an open market from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the SunTrust parking lot. The market features vendors with antiques, specialty foods, arts and crafts, fresh produce and an activity for children. Information: 740-3212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The McDonald, Stickley, Hodson family reunion will be held at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at The Grove across from Walnut Springs Christian Church on Oranda Road in Strasburg. Lunch served at 1 p.m. Held rain or shine.
- The Noah Hepner family reunion will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Edinburg Park in the shelter close to the pool. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish. Drinks and paper products provided. Held rain or shine.• The Moomaw/Mumaw family reunion will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Hudson Cross Roads Community Center. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish.
- The Bly family reunion will be held at noon Sunday at the Strasburg Moose Lodge shelter, 572 Red Bud Lane. A carry-in luch will be served at 1 p.m.
- The Mauck family reunion will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at the small Ruritan shelter at W.O. Riley Park in Woodstock. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish.• The Beeler family reunion will be held at noon Sunday at the Moose shelter at the Strasburg Town Park. Lunch will be served at 1 p.m. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish. There will be games and 50/50 raffle.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Groups, for adults with various types of mental illnesses, will hold meetings on the following schedule:
- Winchester: noon-1:30 p.m. each Monday at 411 N. Cameron St.; 7-8:30 p.m., each Monday at Winchester Medical Center VH System Support Building, 220 Campus Blvd., ground-floor Conference Room #1.• Woodstock: 12:30-2 p.m., first and third Mondays at Shenandoah County Extension office.
- Luray/Page County: 6:30-8 p.m., first and third Tuesdays at Page Memorial Hospital.• Front Royal: 7-8:30 p.m., first and third Tuesdays at Warren Memorial Hospital.
Information: 540-533-1832 or email@example.com.
Spay Today, the area’s nonprofit reduced-priced spay and neuter program, offers shots and tests at lower rates in addition to reduced-priced spay and neuter programs with many veterinarians over a wide area. Information: 304-728-8330 or www.spay-today.org.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.