Weekend Events: Sept. 1
The following are some of the area events that will be held this weekend:
The Shenandoah Valley Music Festival at Shrine Mont in Orkney Springs has announced this weekend’s lineup of performers:
• Saturday: 7 p.m., concert by 13-time Grammy Award winner Emmylou Harris. Tickets: $10 to $65.
• Sunday: 6 p.m., bluegrass minifest featuring Balsam Range, Band of Ruhks and After Jack. Tickets: $10 to $37.
Tickets, information: 459-3396 or visit www.musicfest.org.
The annual Kent Street block party will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at 608 S. Kent St., Winchester, in front of the Patsy Cline Historic House.
There will be music and food. Attendance is free, but tours of the Patsy Cline House are $5. Information: 540-662-5555.
Gallery open house
7 East Gallery, a Valley Educational Center for the Creative Arts partner, will hold an open house and artist reception for photographer Alexander Hassan from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at 123 S. Main St., Woodstock.
The exhibit will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and 1 to 4 p.m. Sundays. Information: 459-7500.
Bark for Life
The American Cancer Society’s “Bark for Life,” a fundraising event honoring the contributions of canine caregivers, will be held Monday at Jim Barnett Park in Winchester.
Activities include doggie games and contests, music and food. There will also be special dog guest demonstrations by therapy, police and/or rescue dogs.
Theatre Shenandoah will host a fundraiser and CD release party featuring Amanda Wilkins from 7 to 9 p.m. today at 107 Center St., Edinburg.
The cost is $10 per person. Refreshments served. Information: www.theatreshenandoah.org.
Bright Box Theater has announced the following artists will perform this weekend at 15 N. Loudoun St., Winchester:
• Today: 8 p.m., Gina Clowes with The Fly Birds. Tickets: $10 in advance, $12 at door.
• Today: 7 and 9:30 p.m., comedy hypnotist Gary Conrad. Tickets: $8 in advance, $10 at door.
• Saturday: 9 p.m., Daycare Swindlers with Destructo Disk and Thirteen Towers. Tickets: $10.
Information: 540-665-2878, www.brightboxwinchester.com.
The Arts Council of the Valley will show the film “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power,” the sequel to former Vice President Al Gore’s film about climate change, today through Thursday at Court Square Theater in Harrisonburg.
Tickets are $9.50, $8.50 for seniors and $8 for matinees.
Information, show times: 540-433-9189 or visit www.valleyarts.org.
Evenings on Main
Low Low Chariot will perform rock ‘n roll music at the Evenings on Main concert from 7 to 9 p.m. today at Luray Greenway’s Ruffner Plaza. Admission is free.
Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane will host tours of Mount Bleak House from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
Learn about the many owners of the 1840’s house and how they shaped the history of Sky Meadows. Tours are free, however, there is a $5 parking fee. Information: 540-592-3556 or SkyMeadows@dcr.virginia.gov.
Barns of Rose Hill
Barns of Rose Hill will host an artist reception and concert Saturday at 95 Chalmers Court, Berryville.
• Reception for Central Virginia Textile Artists will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. The exhibit will be on display through Sept. 23. Admission is free.
• Trio Sefardi will perform from 8 to 10 p.m. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at door, free for ages 12 and younger.
Information: 540-955-2004 or www.barnsofrosehill.com.