The following are some of the area events that will be held this weekend:
Shenandoah Conservatory will have the following performances this weekend:
• Bop for Big Band: 8 p.m., today featuring the Jazz Ensemble in Armstrong Concert Hall. Tickets: $5-$12.
• Opera Up Close series: 8 p.m., today and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Shingleton Dance Space. Featuring “A Hand of Bridge,” “The Telephone,” and “The Seven Deadly Sins.” Tickets: $5-$15.
• Wind Ensemble performance: 8 p.m., Saturday in Armstrong Concert Hall. Tickets: $5-$12.
• Percussion Ensemble free fall concert: 3 p.m., Sunday in Armstrong Concert Hall.
Information, tickets: 540-665-4569 or www.conservatoryperforms.org.
The Arts Council of the Valley will host the bluegrass band Seldom Scene from 8 to 10 p.m. today at Court Square Theater in Harrisonburg.
Tickets are $27 in advance and $30 at the door. Information: 540-801-8779, 540-433-9189 or www.valleyarts.org.
Barns of Rose Hill
Barns of Rose Hill will host the following performances and programs at 95 Chalmers Court, Berryville:
• Today: 8 p.m., Dia de los Muertos celebration with the Edna Vazquez Band. Tickets: $15.
• Saturday: 1 p.m., Barns Coffeehouse BITWC-Imagine That Readers Theatre featuring “Brooklyn Boy.” Admission is by donation.
• Saturday: 8 p.m., Hard Swimmin Fish performs. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at door, free for ages 12 and under.
Information: 540-955-2004 or www.barnsofrosehill.com.
Bright Box Theater has announced the following performances will be held this weekend at 15 N. Loudoun St., Winchester:
• Today: 9 p.m., Michael Jackson vs Prince featuring Covered with Jam. Tickets: $10 in advance, $12 at door.
• Saturday: 8 p.m., Larry Keel Experience with Jon Stickley Trio and Robert Mabe. Tickets: $18 in advance, $22 at door.
• Sunday: 6 p.m., The Band-Changed with guest Davis Bradley. Tickets: $10 in advance, $12 at door.
Information: 540-665-2878, www.brightboxwinchester.com.
The Blue Ridge Arts Council will hold its annual free exhibition of paintings by Patricia Windrow titled “Flora and Fauna” from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today at 305 E. Main St., Front Royal. Information: 540-635-9909 or www.blueridgearts.org.
Your ACT, a student-operated nonprofit theatrical organization, will hold a royal tea princess party at 2 and 4 p.m. Saturday at Vostrikov Theatre, 20 W. Cork St., Winchester.
Children attending are encouraged to come in costume. Tickets are $15. Information: 540-686-1429 or visit www.youracttheatrical.com.
Namaste Shenandoah will sponsor a Diwali Dhamaka Festival from 5 to 11 p.m. Saturday at the Shawnee Fire Department, 2210 Valor Drive, Winchester.
Featured will be cultural performances, dinner and music. Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for children. Information: 540-227-6662 or visit www.namasteshenandoah.org.
Performing Arts Luray will host Rock Creek Singers of the Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington, D.C., at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at 1 E. Main St., Luray. Tickets range from $8 to $15. Information, tickets: 540-743-3311 or www.performingartsluray.org.
The Clarke County Historical Association will celebrate Heritage Day from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Burwell-Morgan Mill, 15 Tannery Lane, Millwood.
Those attending will experience life in the 1700s with demonstrations of blacksmithing, food production, woodworking, spinning and cooking. There will be kids’ games and encampment of Revolutionary War re-enactors. Admission is free. Information: 540-837-1799 or www.burwellmorganmill.org.
Active duty military, veterans, first responders and their families are invited to attend a free event from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at Kernstown Battlefield, 610 Battle Park Drive, Winchester. The event will include tours and a free lunch. Information: 540-869-2896.
The Magic Lantern Theater will host a screening of the PG-rated film “Things to Come” at 4:30 p.m. Sunday at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, 901 Amherst St., Winchester.
The film is in French with English subtitles. Admission is $8 or $5 for Theater, MSV and Barns of Rose Hill members. Information: 540-678-0963 or www.magiclanterntheater.org.