This Weekend: March 23
The following are some of the area events that will be held this weekend:
‘Crimes of the Heart’
The Warren County High School Drama Department will present the drama “Crimes of the Heart” by American playwright Beth Henley at 6:30 p.m. today and Saturday.
‘Talent for Murder’
Winchester Little Theatre will present the murder mystery “A Talent for Murder” at 8 p.m. today and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at 315 W. Boscawen St., Winchester.
Tickets range from $15.50 to $19.75. Information: 540-662-3331 or Valerie O’Keefe at 540-336-2357 or www.wltonline.org.
Barns of Rose Hill
Barns of Rose Hill has announced the following programs will be held this weekend at 95 Chalmers Court, Berryville:
- Today: 8 p.m., concert by Mink’s Miracle Medicine, tickets $15 in advance, $20 at the door, free for ages 12 and under.
- Sunday: 4-6 p.m., documentary film “At the Fork” shown, tickets $5.
Information: 540-955-2004 or www.barnsofrosehill.com.
Shenandoah Conservatory will host a spring dance concert and symphony orchestra performance this weekend.
- Spring dance concert: 8 p.m. today and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday in Ohrstrom-Bryant Theatre, $15. Tickets: 540-665-4569.
- Symphony Orchestra performance: 8 p.m., Saturday in Armstrong Concert Hall, $12. Tickets: 540-665-4500.
Piccadilly Public House
The following performers will be at the Piccadilly Public House & Restaurant this weekend at 125 E. Piccadilly St., Winchester:
- Today: Dave Elliot on piano at 6:30 p.m.; Trixie and the Speedracers at 8 p.m.
- Saturday: Rob Yeakle on piano at 6:30 p.m.; Revolution at 8 p.m.
Information: 540-535-1899 or www.piccadillypublichouse.com.
Souled Out will perform at a benefit concert to raise money for C-CAP at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Front Royal Moose Lodge.
Only 200 tickets will be sold. Tickets are $10 for members and $15 for nonmembers, plus a non-perishable food donation. Information: 540-636-6355.
Festival of Arts
The Page Valley Arts Council will host a Festival of the Arts event this weekend in Luray.
Featured will be live performances, demonstrations, paintings, photography, pottery, sculptures, music and more at Arts & Artisans Gallery, Performing Arts Luray, Trackside Theater, and Warehouse Art Gallery. Several restaurants will also be participating with festival specials.
Family History Day
The Virginia Museum of the Civil War in New Market will celebrate Family History Day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday featuring hands-on activities, dancing the Virginia Reel, 19th-century games and crafts, Emmy-award winning film, “Field of Lost Shoes” and guided tours.
Admission is $3 per person for those who pre-register. Information: 866-515-1864.
The Town of New Market will host an Easter egg hunt starting at 9 a.m. Saturday at the town park for ages 1 to 10.
The Easter Bunny will be on hand. Children should bring a basket to collect eggs filled with candy or prizes.
Newtown History Center
The Newtown History Center in Stephens City will host a screening of the film “Rosenwald” at 2 p.m. Sunday. Information: 540-869-1700.
Winchester Little Theater will host a stage reading of “Steel Magnolias” at 6:30 p.m. Sunday at 315 W. Boscawen St., Winchester.
Admission is $5 or free for WLT members. Information: 540-662-3331, Valerie O’Keeffe at 540-336-2357 or www.wltonline.org.
Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane will hold the following activities Saturday and Sunday:
- Explorer Outpost: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., investigate plants, animals, and history of farming at Sky Meadows.
- Mount Bleak House tours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., hear stories of the many owners of the 1840’s house and how they shaped the history of Sky Meadows.
Admission is free although parking is $5. Information: 540-592-3556 or SkyMeadows@dcr.virginia.gov.
Magic Lantern Theater will host a screening of “Frantz” (PG-13) at 4:30 p.m. Sunday at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, 901 Amherst St., Winchester.
Tickets are $8 or $5 for Theater, MSV, and Barns of Rose Hill members. Information: 540-678-0963 or www.magiclanterntheater.org.