This Weekend: April 13
The following are some of the area events that will be held this weekend:
Shenandoah University’s Colleges Against Cancer will host a nostalgic car show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday on the lawn of Ohrstrom-Bryant Theatre, 1460 University Drive, Winchester.
Proceeds benefit Relay for Life. Information: 304-261-1303.
The Kernstown Battlefield Association and Clan Adrenalin will host a backyard Highland Games from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at 610 Battle Park Drive, Winchester, near Creekside Station.
The competition, a smaller version of the July event, will benefit Warrior 360, a veteran-sponsored nonprofit that supports veterans. A contingent of wounded warriors will be competing. The Armstrong Irish Dance Academy will be dancing at lunchtime. Those attending should bring their own chairs.
Information: 757-593-8227, 202-302-9129 or visit www.kernstownbattle.org.
Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane will hold the following programs this weekend:
- Astronomy for Everyone: 7:30-10:30 p.m., Saturday. There will be a 30-minute Junior Astronomer program for ages 5 to 12 followed by a program on the importance of dark skies and light conservation and Ambassadors of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab will talk about the latest in space research. Other activities include a “sky tour” as well as a look into deep space. No admission after 8:30 p.m. Parking is $5 per vehicle.
- Meet the Beekeepers: 1-3 p.m., Sunday with apiarists Doug and Ramona Morris of the Beekeepers of Northern Shenandoah.
Information: 540-592-3556 or www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks.
Shenandoah Conservatory will host the following concerts this weekend in Armstrong Concert Hall, 702 University Drive, Winchester:
- Today: 8 p.m., Conservatory Choir, Cantus Singers and Shenandoah Chorus, tickets $12.
- Saturday: 8 p.m., Jazz Ensemble, tickets $12.
Information, tickets: 540-665-4569, www.su.edu.
The following performers will be at the Piccadilly Public House & Restaurant this weekend at 125 E. Piccadilly St., Winchester:
Today: Dave Elliot on piano at 6:30 p.m.; Fogg at 8 p.m. Saturday: Rob Yeakle on piano at 6:30 p.m.; Cazhmiere at 8 p.m.
Information: 540-535-1899 or www.piccadillypublichouse.com.
The Magic Lantern Theater, in partnership with the Friends of Handley Library and Old Town Winchester, will host a free screening of 1953 musical “The Band Wagon” from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the library.
Information: 540-678-0963 or www.magiclanternstheater.org.
Bright Box Theater has announced the following performances will be held this weekend at 15 N. Loudoun St., Winchester:
- Saturday: 7 and 10 p.m., Ladies Night Out featuring Men in Motion Dancers, tickets $20-$30.
- Sunday: 2 and 6 p.m., Dueling Pianos, tickets $10 in advance, $15 at door.
Information: 540-665-2878, www.brightboxwinchester.com.
Rouss Center for the Arts in New Market will present the comedy “The Love List” by Norm Foster at 7 p.m. today and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday.
Tickets are $15 and $12 for students and seniors. Information: 888-341-7313 or email email@example.com.
Theatre Shenandoah will present “The Wizard of Oz” at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday at 107 Center St., Edinburg.
Future performances will be held April 20-22 and 27-29.
Tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for seniors and students.
Information: 540-984-3972, www.theatreshenandoah.org.
Schultz Theatre will present Philip King’s “See How They Run” at 7 p.m. today and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at J. Frank Hillyard Middle School, 26 Hawks Hill Drive, Broadway.
Tickets are $15 and $13 for students and seniors. Information: 540-896-9600 or www.schultztheatre.com.
Performing Arts Luray will showcase five short plays selected from its juried competition at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Plaza in downtown Luray.
Tickets range from $8 to $17. Information, tickets: 540-743-3311 or www.performingartsluray.org.
Barns of Rose Hill
The Magic Lantern Theater will host a screening of “Don’t Think Twice” at 4 p.m. Sunday at the Barns of Rose Hill, 95 Chalmers Court, Berryville.
Admission is $8 or $5 for Theater, Museum of the Shenandoah Valley and Barns of Rose Hill members.
Information: 540-678-0963 or www.magiclanterntheater.org.