This Weekend: June 22
The following are some of the area events that will be held this weekend:
History at Sunset
The Cedar Creek Battlefield will present a History at Sunset program on the battlefield’s archeological techniques and practices at 7 p.m. today at 7712 Main St., Middletown. Information: www.nps.gov/cebe.
Evenings on Main
Tommy Wood will perform from 7 to 9 p.m. today as part of the Evenings on Main Concert Series at Ruffner Plaza in Luray. In case of rain, the concert will be held at Performing Arts Luray. Admission is free.
The Blue Ridge Arts Council will host the American Legion Community Band at 7 p.m. today at the Gazebo in Front Royal. Information: 540-635-9909 or www.blueridgearts.org.
Larry Turner will lead two tours on Saturday, at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., at the Kernstown Battlefield, 610 Battle Park Drive, Winchester near Creekside Station. Information: 757-593-8227, 202-302-9129 or visit www.kernstownbattle.org.
The Woodstock Fire Department will hold a summer seafood bash from 4 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the Woodstock Moose Lodge featuring an all-you-can-eat “low country boil” of steamed shrimp, kielbasa, corn on the cob, potatoes, salad and dessert.
Ticket holders over 21 will receive two complimentary beer tickets. A 50/50 drawing will be held hourly. Pull tabs and cash bar available. Tickets are $35 per person and $20 for children under 10.
Skyline Street Rods will hold its 37th annual Rod Run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday on Stoney Creek Boulevard in Edinburg.
The event will feature pre-1993 street rods, street machines, antiques, customs, classics and trucks. Information: Norm Kerber at 540-233-3177.
The Shenandoah Theatre Summer Music program will present a production of “Newsies” at 8 p.m. today and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays through July 2 at Ohrstrom-Bryant Theatre at Shenandoah University in Winchester.
Tickets are $36. Information, tickets: 540-665-4569 or visit www.su.edu/performs/event/newsies.
Theatre Shenandoah in Edinburg will present Oscar Wilde’s comedy “The Importance of Being Earnest” at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
Tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for seniors and students. Future performances will be held June 29-July 1.
Information: 984-3972, www.theatreshenandoah.org.
The Winchester Little Theatre will present “The Three Musketeers” at 2:30 and 7 p.m. today and Saturday at 315 W. Boscawen St., Winchester.
Tickets are $9.99. Information: 540-662-3331 or Valerie O’Keefe at 540-336-2357 or www.wltonline.org.
Barns of Rose Hill
Barns of Rose Hill will host the following programs this weekend at 95 Chalmers Court, Berryville:
- Today: 8 p.m., Millwood Blues Week All-Stars featuring Mary Flower, Matt Munisteri, Danny Knicely; Brian Oberlin and Ralph Gordon. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at door, free for ages 12 and under.
- Saturday: 7:30 p.m., lecture by Dr. Evie Terrono on “Civil War to Civil Rights: How African American Artists Engage the Past.” Free admission.
- Sunday: 8 p.m., Tyva Kyzy (Daughters of Tuva) will perform Tuvan throat singing. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at door, free for ages 12 and under.
Information: 540-955-2004 or www.barnsofrosehill.com.
Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane will hold the following activities this weekend:
- Great American Campout: noon Saturday through noon Sunday. Rangers will be on hand to help set up campsites. Activities include Fishing in Parks program, demonstration by Dogs East search and rescue, campfire sing-along with s’mores, nature hikes and hearth cooking demonstrations. Space limited. Advanced reservations are $30 per campsite Dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday included. Reservations: 1-800-933-7275.
- Explorer Outpost: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday and Sunday at Boston Mill Road Trail near the Park office. Investigate the wetlands, woodlands, fields, pastures, plants, animals and history of farming at the Park.
Information: 540-592-3556 or www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks.
Bright Box Theater will host the following performances at 15 N. Loudoun St., Winchester:
- Hypnotist Gary Conrad: 7 and 9:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets: $8 in advance, $10 at door.
- Tribute to Alice in Chains: 8 p.m., Saturday. Tickets: $10 in advance, $12 at door.
Information: 540-665-2878, www.brightboxwinchester.com.