Community News & Events: June 16
Relay For Life of Winchester/Frederick County will hold a ceremony honoring cancer victims and survivors from 6 p.m. today through 6 a.m. Saturday at the James Wood High School track.
A free cancer survivor dinner will be held at 5 p.m. There will also be a visit by Paw Patrol characters from 5 to 7:30 p.m. plus games, activities and food. Information: Aimee at 540-451-0211.
Officers of the Front Royal Elks Lodge and the Young Marines will commemorate Flag Day with a ceremony and special music from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Gazebo in Front Royal. Information: 540-671-0264.
The Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg will hold the following programs:
- The Woodstock River Bandits will read to kids at 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Summer reading magic show: 6 p.m., Tuesday.
- Wii bowling video game tournament: 3 p.m., Thursday. Trophies and gift cards awarded.
The following volunteers are scheduled at the Strasburg Museum:
Sunday: morning, Sue Foster; afternoon, Pat Clem and Doris Baker.
Monday: morning, Danny and Shirley Wymer; afternoon, Pat Kelly.
Tuesday: morning, Carolyn McKiernan and Ann McElyea; afternoon, June Hockman.
Wednesday: morning, Charles and Jennifer Burke; afternoon, Ginger Aliotti and Libby Truesdale.
Thursday: morning, Randy Painter; afternoon, Terry Goad and Nookie Horan.
Friday: morning, Polly Wilson; afternoon, Lucy King and Bryan Stonesifer.
Saturday: morning, Conly and Tina Crabill; afternoon, Gloria Stickley.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following meetings will be held:
- Lebanon Church 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at the Community Center.
- Cabin Hill 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Conicville Fire Hall.
- Youth Meat Quality Assurance workshop: 6 p.m., Thursday at the County Government Center in Woodstock. Registration: 540-635-4549.
Warren Memorial Hospital’s Auxiliary will sponsor the Donut Kitchen from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday at the hospital’s North Entrance in Front Royal.
There will be glazed, chocolate glazed, maple bacon, cinnamon sugar, blueberry and Bavarian custard filled.
The Bread of Life Food Pantry in Woodstock will distribute food from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 459-1928.
The Compassion Cupboard will distribute food from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday at 533 Burgess St., Strasburg. Information: 465-9476.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.