Community News & Events: June 5
AARP (American Association for Retired People) will conduct an eight-hour classroom refresher course designed for those 50 and over from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday at the Frederick County Public Safety Building in Winchester.
Those completing the course will receive a certificate, which may reduce auto insurance costs. There are no exams.
The cost is $20 to cover the costs of materials. AARP members will receive a $5 discount if they bring their membership card to the class. Those attending should bring their driver’s license. Registration, information: Pam at 540-869-7048.
The Shenandoah Knitting Guild will meet at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the First Christian Church, 75 Merriman’s Lane, Winchester.
The program will be on yarn properties. Information: www.shenandoahknittingguild.org.
The Front Royal United Methodist Women will hold an indoor yard sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the church. Items include household and yard items, small appliances, children’s clothing and more. Proceeds will benefit Missions.
The following students at Bridgewater College have been named to the dean’s list for the spring semester:
• Cross Junction: Brittany Lewis, a senior majoring in biology.
• Edinburg: Hannah Richman, a senior majoring in family and consumer sciences; Julia Sigler, a junior majoring in liberal studies.
• Front Royal: Jeremy Gingrich, a junior majoring in physics and mathematics.
• Linden: Megan Henry, a junior majoring in business administration and economics.
• Maurertown: Bekah Breen, a senior majoring in English.
• Strasburg: Devlin R. Brooks, a sophomore majoring in history; Sarah Frye, a senior majoring in biology; Alexis Mathias, a junior majoring in family and consumer sciences.
• Winchester: Danielle Bochert, a senior majoring in psychology.
• Woodstock: Kevin Selby, a senior majoring in music, who has a 4.0 grade-point average.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.