Community News & Events: July 10
The Humane Society of Warren County will host a yard sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Julia Wagner Animal Shelter, 1245 Progress Drive, Front Royal.
Donations for the sale may be dropped off at the shelter prior to the event.
The Culpeper-Shenandoah-Rappahanock-Spotstlvania 4-H camp counselor training will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday at the Northern Virginia 4-H Educational Center in Front Royal. Information: 459-6140.
Twelve members of the Strasburg High School FFA chapter participated in the 91st state convention June 26-29 in Blacksburg. Team results are:
• Agricultural issues: team members Madison Estep, Madison Herman, Allyson Neal and Shelby Smith placed third overall.
• Crops: team members Ethan Gochenour, Aidan Keller, Anna Rankin and Abbey Rinker placed fourth overall.
• Employment skills: Makenzie Kline placed eighth overall.
• Proficiency award winners: Tiffany Heishman, food science and technology; Ethan Gochenour, goat production. Their applications will advance to national judging in August.
• State Star winners: Ethan Gochenour, State Star Farmer; Nathan McDonald, State Star in agribusiness.
The chapter was also recognized in the following:
• Four members received state FFA degrees.
• Two members were recognized and will receive American FFA Degrees in October.
• Public Relations Award: gold rating.
• Chapter scrapbook: gold rating.
• The chapter also received a gold rating for the Superior Chapter Award, was recognized as a three-star chapter in Virginia, was one of the top 18 chapters in the state and will be judged at the national level in October.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.