Community News & Events: Sept. 5, 2017
The Shenandoah Knitting Guild will meet at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the First Christian Church, 75 Merriman’s Lane, Winchester.
The program will be about the importance of determining gauge and how to create a knitting swatch. Information: www.shenandoahknittingguild.org.
Samuels Library in Front Royal will hold a meeting of Chit Chat and All That for ages 10 and up at 2 p.m. Saturday. Refreshments provided. Information: 540-635-3153.
Shenandoah County Extension Master Gardeners will be available to answer home horticulture questions from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Lowe’s in Woodstock. Information: 540-459-6140.
FROG (Families Reach Out Group), a nonprofit that provides clothing, toys, school supplies, baby supplies, furniture and more to foster children, children at risk and children in need and their families, will hold its annual AbNormal Formal from 7:23 to 11:23 p.m. Saturday at Piccadilly Public House and Restaurant in Winchester. The theme this year is “Under the Tuscan Moon.”
There will be a full bar, entertainment by Revolution and silent and live auctions. Tickets are $75 per person. Information, tickets: www.Frog-Kids.org.
The Rouss Center for the Arts will celebrate its first anniversary with a dance from 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday at 9357 N. Congress St., New Market.
Those attending are encouraged to dress as in the 1980s. A donation of $10 per person is requested. Information: 888-341-7313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Narrow Passage chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution will meet at 10 a.m. Saturday at Emmanuel Episcopal Church parish Hall, 122 E. Court St., Woodstock.
After the business meeting, the group will have lunch at the Woodstock Brew House. Information: 540-856-3426.
• The Cameron family will hold a reunion starting at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Ruritan picnic area in Hume. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish and drinks.
• The descendants of Cornelius and Alverta Cook will hold a reunion at 2 p.m. Sunday at the St. Luke Parish Hall. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish. Meat and paper products provided.
• The family of the late Archie Orndorff will hold a reunion starting at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Pig Palace in Oranda. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has scheduled the following meetings:
• Fort Valley 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 4:30 p.m. Sunday at the community center.
• Toms Brook 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 6 p.m. Sunday at the United Methodist Church.
• New Market 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at Reformation Lutheran Church.
• Shenandoah County 4-H Livestock Club will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 12 at Wakemans Grove Church of the Brethren. • St. Luke-Saumsville 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 12 at Saumsville Christian Church. Information: 459-6140.
The Barn Series at Belle Grove Plantation, south of Middletown, will feature a lecture and workshop on crafting and growing lavender from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Participants will make a small wreath, sachet and/or a dried wrapped bundle. The cost is $25.
Registration: 540-869-2028, email email@example.com or visit www.bellegrove.org/calendar/gardenclass.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.