This Weekend: Sept. 29
The listing for the fifth annual Front Royal Zombie Walk was incorrect in today’s paper. The walk will be held Oct. 21.
The following are some of the area events that will be held this weekend:
St. Luke Community Clinic will hold its annual benefit and auction Saturday at the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club in Front Royal.
A reception starts at 5:30 p.m. with beer and wine, followed by dinner and silent and live auctions.
Tickets are $50 per person. Information: 540-636-4325.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will host a free showing of the family film “The Incredibles” from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
Those attending are encouraged to bring a picnic lunch and blanket. Library teens will serve popcorn and lemonade. Information: 540-869-9000.
River Valley Festival
Front Royal VFW Post 1860 will host the River Valley Festival from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday at 1847 N. Royal Ave.
The festival will include pit-roasted meats, folk music, craft beer and wine, jugglers, games and workshops. Tickets are $10. Information: www.rivervalleyfestival.com.
Shenandoah Conservatory in Winchester has announced the following performances will be held this weekend:
• “Cabaret:” 8 p.m. today and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday in Ohrstrom-Bryant Theatre. Tickets: $12-$23.
• Ukrainian-born pianist Vadym Kholodenko will perform at 3 p.m. Sunday in Armstrong Concert Hall. Tickets: $12-$25.
Information, tickets: 540-665-4569 or www.su.edu.
Magic Lantern Theater will show the G-rated film “The Eagle Huntress” at 4:30 p.m. Sunday at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, 901 Amherst St., Winchester.
Bright Box Theater has announced the following performances will be held this weekend at 15 N. Loudoun St., Winchester:
• Strong Water and Dogwood Tales: 9 p.m., today. Tickets: $8 in advance, $10 at door.
• Comedians Tina Giorgi and Andy Kline: 8 p.m., today and 7 and 9:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets: $15-$20.
Information: 540-665-2878, www.brightboxwinchester.com.
Barns of Rose Hill
Barns of Rose Hill has announced the following activities will be held this weekend at 95 Chalmers Court, Berryville:
• Free showing of the film “Harry and Snowman:” 7 p.m., today.
• Reception to open the National Park Quilt exhibit: 1 p.m., Sunday.
• Opening of Geraldine Kiefer’s Icelandic and Archipelagic Encounters exhibit: 6 p.m., Sunday. The exhibit is on display through Oct. 28.
• Nordic Fiddlers Bloc performance: 8 p.m., Sunday. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at door, free for ages 12 and under.
Information: 540-955-2004 or www.barnsofrosehill.com.
Mennonite Relief Sale
The annual Virginia Mennonite Relief Sale will be held today and Saturday at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds in Harrisonburg.
Featured are live and silent auctions of quilts, wood working items, artwork, antiques and more, homemade crafts, music and children’s activities. Information: 540-433-9933.
Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane will hold the following activities this weekend:
• National Public Lands Day: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday. Program on pollinator friendly plants and practices in the morning and in the afternoon, three speakers will talk about increasing pollinator habitats, native plants design to please wildlife and neighbors, and successful propagation of native plants. Admission is free. Those attending should wear proper shoes, sunscreen and bug spray and bring plenty of water.
• Civil War encampment: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, featuring members of the 21st Georgia Infantry.
Admission is free although parking ranges from $3 to $5.
Information: 540-592-3556 or SkyMeadows@dcr.virginia.gov.
The following performances will be held this weekend at James Madison University’s Forbes Center in Harrisonburg:
• Choral Fest: 4 p.m., Saturday in the Concert Hall. Tickets: $9-$11.
• ‘Equus:” 8 p.m., Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at Mainstage Theatre. Tickets: $11-$15.
• Musica Harmonia performance: 2 p.m., Sunday at Recital Hall. Tickets: $11.
The annual International Festival will be held from noon to 6 p.m., rain or shine, Saturday at Hillandale Park, Harrisonburg.
Featured will be international foods, music, dance, activities for all ages, multi-language area, teen spacefest and a world bazaar featuring traditional folk art.
Information: 540-434-0059 or visit www.harrisonburg-international-festival.org.
Arctoberfest, Harrisonburg’s first-ever German beer and wine festival, will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday downtown at the Turner Pavilion.
Featured will be music, dancing, carnival games, contests, food trucks and vendors, German beer and wine garden.
Tickets are $15 per person in advance for adults, $20 at the gate and free for those under 21. Proceeds benefit The Arc of Harrisonburg and Rockingham Inc. Information: www.eventbrite.com/e/arctoberfest.