Community News & Events: Oct. 21
The Massanutten Antique Tractor and Gasoline Engine Club will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Edinburg Fire Hall. Information: 436-3652.
The Front Royal Women’s Resource Center will host Women In Networking from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at 213 E. Main St., Front Royal.
The guest speaker will be Tammy Sharpe, executive director of Phoenix Project, which provides services to those affected by domestic violence. Attendance is free.
Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg will have a Super Smash Bros. competition at 4:30 p.m. Thursday. There will also be pizza, snacks and drinks as well as gift cards and trophies for the finalists.
Information, registration: 984-8200 or visit www.countylib.org.
The Woodstock Museum will honor volunteer docents during its annual dinner and membership meeting starting at 6 p.m. Thursday at American Legion Post 199 in Woodstock.
The program will feature a “Salute to Veterans” performed by the Shenandoah Valley Minstrels. The cost is $25 per person.
Information, reservations: Barbara at 459-3946 or email email@example.com.
Christine Andreae with Inanna Wood Cuts will be the speaker at the meeting of Womangathering from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at 213 E. Main St., Front Royal.
The Front Royal Salvation Army Corps is seeking cheerful bell-ringers to staff its kettles for the Christmas season. All money raised goes back to the local community.
Kettles will be located throughout Front Royal outside businesses such as Rural King, Walmart, Big Lots and the ABC Store. Each kettle needs a bell ringer from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily from Nov. 10 through Dec. 23. Both volunteer and paid positions are available.
Information: Lt. Matthew Tidman at 540-635-4020 or visit the Salvation Army’s office at 357 Cloud St.
The Warren County School Board announced the following personnel changes at its Oct. 18 meeting:
• Leslie Fox Keyser Elementary School: Rebekah Pennington will replace Alice O’Mara as a SPED instructional assistant. O’Mara transferred to the school’s library.
• Ressie Jeffries Elementary School: Holly Bailey will replace Misty Dearing as a cafeteria assistant.
• Skyline Middle School: Shawn Simmons will replace Robin Kayser as a SPED instructional assistant.
• Warren County Middle School: Zachary Henry will replace Luke Heeter as the eighth-grade boys basketball coach.
Two Shenandoah County students at Shepherd University have been awarded scholarships by the university’s foundation. They are:
• Isaiah Terrence Hall, of Edinburg, was awarded the William E. Moler Scholarship.
• Dakota Funkhouser, of Strasburg, was awarded the Helene A. Bazzrea Memorial Scholarship.”
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.