Thank mom with these local Mother’s Day gift suggestions
Nothing says Happy Mother’s Day like a token of appreciation for everything mom has done. From things that sparkle, to things that grow, treat mom to one of these nine great gift ideas.
- Simply Charming Boutique, 28 W Piccadilly St., in Winchester, has a wide selection of jewelry that includes Kendra Scott and Alex and Ani, perfect for those moms looking for a little glitter and shimmer. For more causal moms Brenda Young, owner, suggests the “I’m a cool mom” T-shirt or baseball cap.
- Fort Valley Nursey, 1175 Hisey Avenue in Woodstock, has the green-thumbed mom covered with their wide selection of annuals and perennials, along with pots and gloves. Take a peek inside their gift shop and surprise mom with a flour sack towel or shea butter soap for her kitchen.
- Solenburgers True Value Hardware, 832 Berryville Ave. in Winchester, has gifts for those moms looking to add a little protection. Patti Solenbuger said they offer a wide selection of personal protection products that include everything from keychain alarms to taser flashlights and hand guns.
- Treat mom to a movie night in watching Mother’s Day classics like “Mama Mia” or “The Blind Side.” Better yet, surprise her with a trip to Royal Cinemas, 117 E Main St., in Front Royal, or Alamo Drafthouse Winchester, 181 Kernstown Commons in Winchester.
- Play homage to mom’s colorful side by hosting or attending a paint night out. All mom has to do is show up and be ready to socialize and paint.
- Three French Hens, 143 N Main St., Woodstock, offers a wide selection of vintage gifts perfect for moms with flair from locally made metal art to teal bird cages and romantic art work.
- Valerie Hill Vineyard and Winery, 1687 Marlboro Road in Stephens City, pairs wine and cupcakes for those mothers with a sweet tooth.
- Surprise mom with Mother’s Day brunch at Wayside Inn, 7783 Main St., in Middletown, where they will be serving up good food, live-entertainment and fun. Call for reservations. 540-869-1797
- Give mom the give of relaxation at Tres Bella, 426 North Royal Ave. in Front Royal. Allow her to pick from spa packages, massages, waxing or nail care. Call for appointment. 540-635-2255