Therapy series for grieving adults
The Blue Ridge Hospice has holiday grief support groups coming up in preparation for the holiday season for those grieving a loss.
Beth Rudy, manager of counseling services at Blue Ridge Hospice, said, “The holidays are very difficult for anyone who has lost a loved one and the individual counseling, groups and workshops we offer can alleviate suffering and loneliness.”
According to Rudy, arts and crafts are an important component of these groups to “help celebrate and memorialize” lost loved ones. The workshops are a way to help prepare people for the holiday season and feelings that may be evoked as they grieve a loss.
In the coming weeks, there will be workshops available that are free and open to the public. Pre-registration is required. These events will occur at the following locations:
- Monday, Nov. 9, from 3 – 4:30 p.m at the Blue Ridge Hospice in Berryville.
- Thursday, Nov. 12, from 3 – 4:30 p.m. at the Blue Ridge Hospice in Front Royal.
- Saturday, Nov. 14, from 1 – 2:30 p.m at the Blue Ridge Hospice in Winchester.
- Monday, Nov. 16, from 3 – 4:30 p.m. at the Blue Ridge Hospice in Luray.
- Wednesday, Nov. 18, from 3 – 4 p.m. at the Blue Ridge Hospice in Woodstock.
- Monday, Nov. 23, from 12:30 – 2 p.m. at the Carver Senior Center and from 6 – 7:30 p.m. at the St. Francis de Sales in Purcellville.
- Tuesday, Dec. 15, from 3 – 4:30 p.m. at Wellspring in Winchester.
Contact staff writer Kaley Toy at 540-465-5137 ext. 176, or email@example.com