The following are some of the area events that will be held this weekend:
The Schultz Theatre in New Market will present “The Fourposter” by Jan de Hartog with performances at 7 p.m. today and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday.
The play, which spans the years of 1890-1925, charts the ups and downs of the long-lasting marriage of Agnes and Michael that is punctuated by moments of crisis and reconciliation as played out around their four-poster bed.
Tickets are $13 for adults and $11 for students and seniors. Additional performances will be held Feb. 19-21. Information, tickets: 740-9119.
Bright Box Theater will have two programs today at 15 N. Loudoun St., Winchester.
• Comedy hypnotism with Gary Conrad from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $8.
• Burning Dirty will hold a release party for its album “Red Velvet” with special guest the Dustin Pence Band from 8 to 11 p.m. Tickets are $10.
Information: 540-665-2878, www.brightboxwinchester.com.
The Selah Theatre Project will host a benefit “V-Day” celebration featuring the play “The Vagina Monologues” with performances at 8 p.m. today and Saturday at 30 E. 8th St., Front Royal.
The event will benefit the Phoenix Project, a nonprofit organization for victims of domestic violence. V-Day is a global activist movement founded by “Vagina Monologues” author, Eve Ensler, to end violence against women and girls. Tickets are $20 per person and include a glass of wine for those 21 or older. Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door by calling 540-686-5185 or www.selahthreatreproject.org. For more information about V-Day visit www.vday.org.
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley will sponsor the following activities this weekend:
• Today: registration required for a jewelry-making workshop for adults being held from noon to 4 p.m., Saturday at the BB&T Learning Center. Make historically inspired jewelry with expert jewelry artist Rachel Rogers-Rodgers. Design and create a one-of-a-kind necklace and earring set with European glass beads, freshwater pearls, filigree and stampings. Tools provided. Beginners welcome. Light refreshments served. Cost: $40 for MSV members or $48 for nonmembers. Snow date: Feb. 27.
• Saturday: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., the PG-rated film “The Pirates! Band of Misfits” will be shown at the Alamo Drafthouse in Winchester. Tickets are $6 with buy one and get one free.
• Sunday: 2-3 p.m., explore costumes from movies with love themes during this tour of the special exhibition Cut! Costume and the Cinema. Admission is free for MSV members or $10 for nonmembers.
Information: 540-662-1473, ext. 240.
Cory Band, founded in 1884 in South Wales, will perform at 2 p.m. Saturday at James Madison University’s Forbes Concert Hall in Harrisonburg. Tickets, which range from $34 to $36, are available by calling 540-568-7000 or online at www.jmuforbescenter.com.