Community News & Events for March 25
The South Warren Volunteer Fire Department in Bentonville will host breakfast with the Easter bunny and yard and bake sale from 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday. Breakfast will be a free-will offering and pictures with the Easter bunny will be available on CD for $5.
The Edinburg VFW Post 2447 will hold a chicken barbecue and Easter egg hunt on Saturday.
Chicken, which will be ready at 10 a.m., must be picked up by 1 p.m. The cost is $4 per half. Preorders accepted. The egg hunt, for children up to age 11, will begin at 2 p.m. Refreshments will follow.
The Martinsburg VA Medical Center will hold a welcome home gathering from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday for veterans, family, staff, friends and the community in recognition of Vietnam Veterans Day and the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following activities:
• Tuesday: 4 p.m., 4-H camp counselor interviews will be held.
• Thursday: 6:30 p.m., 4-H Share-the-Fun rehearsal at Emanuel Lutheran Church in Woodstock.
The Woodstock Clothes Closet will hold a two-day half-price sale from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
Tim Palmer, a member of the New Market Town Council, former school teacher and a car/truck salesman, will discuss the auto industry and offer strategies to get the best deal when purchasing a vehicle during a luncheon meeting of the Rotary Club of New Market at noon Wednesday at Shenvalee Golf Resort in Miller Grille. Information: www.newmarketrotaryclub.net.
Tony Nalker and Bob Larson will give a free jazz piano concert at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Shenandoah University in Goodson Chapel’s Recital Hall, 1400 L.P. Hill Drive, Winchester. Information: www.su.edu/performs.
The following programs will be held at James Madison University in Forbes Center:
• JMU’s Brass Band will perform at 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Concert Hall. Tickets are $8-$12.
• Theatergroup Kwatta will perform “Love That Do” at 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the Concert Hall. Based on the novel by Sharon Creech written as a series of free-verse poems, the performance will include visual effects, music and puppetry. Tickets are $14-$16.
• JMU’s Contemporary Dance Ensemble will present “New Voices in Dance” at 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday in the Earlynn J. Miller Dance Theatre. Tickets: $13-$14.
Kings Dominion tickets
Warren County Parks and Recreation Department is offering any-day discount tickets to Kings Dominion.
Tickets are $42 each for ages 3 and older. Information: 540-635-1021 or www.warrencountyva.net.
Send in your events to email@example.com and your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print This Article