Community News & Events for March 29
St. Stephens Lutheran Church will hold a pancake breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m. Saturday at 15737 Back Road, Strasburg.
A free-will offering will be accepted to benefit North Mountain Parrish Relay for Life.
The Shenandoah County Landfill in Edinburg will host a paper-shredding event from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday for county residents and businesses.
Items not allowed for shredding are metal binders and clips, books and phone books.
Shiloh Baptist Church in Millwood will host a missionary prayer breakfast starting at 9 am. Saturday at the Boyce Fire Hall. Cost is $10 per person.
The Republican Women of Shenandoah County will hold a candidate forum from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Denny’s in Mount Jackson for candidates seeking town office in Shenandoah County.
Candidates will be given two minutes to speak on the topic “Policies I Favor to Boost Economic Productivity in Shenandoah County.”
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following story times in April:
• Books and Barks: 10:10 a.m., Saturday.
• Big Kids: 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays, for kindergarten and up.
• Time for Baby: 11 a.m., April 5, for ages up to 2 (siblings welcome).
• Toddlers: 10:15 a.m., Wednesdays and Thursdays.
• Preschoolers: 11 a.m., Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
The Restore Hope House Food Pantry will hold a “Chair”-ity auction from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Strasburg Chamber/First Bank office.
A silent auction of items donated by area business and individuals will begin at 11 a.m. and the live auction will start at 12:30 p.m. Information: Maggie at 465-2722 or RHHMAGGIE@yahoo.com.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will hold the following story times in April:
• Toddler Time: 11 a.m. Mondays, for ages 3 and under.
• Twilight Tales: 6 p.m. Tuesdays, for all ages. No program April 26.
• Story time: 11 a.m., Wednesdays, for ages 2-5. No program April 27.
• Baby Time: 11 a.m. Thursdays for ages birth to 15 months. No program on April 28.
• Preschool Time: 11 a.m. Saturdays, for ages 3 and up. No program on April 30.
• Paws for Reading with therapy dogs: 1 p.m., April 9 and 23.
The Friends of Handley Library and the Winchester-Frederick County Historical Society will sponsor “Streets of Winchester,” a talk by Tim Youmans at 2 p.m. Saturday at the library.
A reception will follow. Information: www.handleyregional.org.
The Oranda School House will hold a soup and sandwich meal starting at 4 p.m. Saturday at 1905 Oranda Road in Strasburg. Soups available include vegetable, potato, bean and taco. Cost is $2 per cup and $6.50 per quart available after 5 p.m.
Sandwiches available include country ham, hot dogs, chicken salad and pimento cheese. Carry outs available.
Hites Chapel United Methodist Church will hold an all-you-can-eat spaghetti supper starting at 4 p.m. Saturday at the church, 4 1/2 miles west of Middletown.
Cost is $8 for adults and $5 for children 10 and under. Carry outs available.
Antioch Church of the Brethren in Woodstock will hold a benefit hymn sing at 6:30 p.m. Saturday featuring Chuck Davis, Ryan Thomas, Alexis Ryman, Kaitlin Litten and more.
An offering will be collected to help with a member’s medical expenses. Information: 459-3661.
Send in your events to firstname.lastname@example.org and your news to email@example.com.
Print This Article