Community News & Events for March 4
• Card shower
A card shower is planned for James Allen Hepner Sr., who will celebrate his 85th birthday Wednesday. Cards can be sent to 6173 Back Road, Maurertown 22644.
A spring fling, featuring a bake sale, raffle, auctions, fashion and jewelry, candles and crafts, will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Warren County Community Center.
The Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg will hold Messy Monday from 2 to 3 p.m. Monday for children 2 to 5 years old to create, explore and enjoy some messy fun. Children should wear play clothes.
The Cedar Creek Valley Ruritan Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Gravel Springs Lutheran Church, 870 S. Pifer Road, Star Tannery. Information: 465-4159.
The Earth Allies chapter of the Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League will hold an open meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Shenandoah Farms Property Owner’s Association building, 6401 Howellsville Road, Boyce.
The agenda includes discussing the proposal of enforceable anti-fracking local ordinances and the protection of land, public lands and rivers in Clarke, Warren, Rappahannock, Shenandoah and Frederick counties. Refreshments and h’orderves will be served. Information: 540-868-2664, email email@example.com or www.BREDL.org.
The Rotary Club of Frederick County will meet at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Shenandoah Valley Westminster Canterbury in Winchester. Special guest will be Chelsea Hester from The Winchester Group, who will discuss updates in the insurance and financial planning industries. Information: Geraldine Kiefer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First aid classes
The Lord Fairfax EMS Council will hold the following community first aid CPR/AED classes as well as basic life support for health care providers in March at 180-1 Prosperity Drive, Winchester:
• Community class (adult/child/infant): 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday.
• Basic life support classes: 5-9:30 p.m. Thursday; 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. March 12; 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. March 15 and 25; noon-4:30 p.m. March 23 and 28.
• Community class (adult only): 5-9:30 p.m. March 17.
Information: 540-665-0014 or www.lfems.vaems.org.
Turner Ashby SCV
The Turner Ashby Camp Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Henkel Hall, Room 105, of Hester Auditorium at Shenandoah University in Winchester.
The guest speaker will be Joyce Henry, who will present a program on the “Uncommon Soldiers,” otherwise known as women.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following meetings:
• 4-H Livestock Club: 7 p.m., Tuesday at Wakemans Grove Church of the Brethren.
• St. Luke-Saumsville 4-H Club and Cloverbuds: 7 p.m., Tuesday at Saumsville Christian Church.
• The 4-H Dominican Republic program informational meeting: 7 p.m., Wednesday at the Extension office. Students and parents are encouraged to attend.
• Little North Mountain 4-H Shooting Education Club: 6:30 p.m., Thursday at Liberty Baptist Church in Strasburg.
Send in your events to email@example.com and your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.