Community News & Events for April 9
A card shower is planned for Jack and Helen Will, who will celebrate their 66th wedding anniversary April 15. Cards can be sent to 1288 Ox Road, D-6, Woodstock 22664.
The Heinrich Frey Family Association will erect a plaque at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Frye Fort Cemetery near Cedar Creek.
The plaque will contain the names of the 11 marked burials there and early Frye owners of the fort. Rain date is April 15. Information: Richard Bell at 717-591-3939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julee Goodman, director of development for Virginia Lutheran Homes, will talk about the Luther Crest Lutheran Home in New Market at the luncheon meeting of the Rotary Club of New Market at noon Wednesday at the Shenvalee Golf Resort in Miller Grille. Information: www.newmarketrotaryclub.net.
Crawl for Charity
The Frederick County Rotary Club will sponsor the Pub N’ Grub Crawl for Charity from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Wristbands will be sold for $10 to get discounts and specials at participating restaurants in Old Town Winchester. There will also be rickshaw rides on the Walking Mall. Information: 540-539-5602.
Special education committee
The Shenandoah County Public Schools Special Education Advisory Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the School Board office at the County Government Center in the training room on the second floor.
Winchester Trout Unlimited will hold a “Bar Fly” event at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Escutcheon Brewing, 142 W. Commercial St., Winchester.
Anglers will have an opportunity to learn more about the organization and to tie some fishing flies. Participants are encouraged to bring their fly-tying vise and any food they wish to eat or share (no drinks).
Information: Bill at 540-722-2620.
The Rotary Club of Front Royal will accept applications through April 20 for its community service grant competition. Not-for-profit organizations with activities promote and enhance quality of life for citizens of Front Royal-Warren County are eligible to apply for the grant, which could be as much as $8,500.
April 27 is the deadline to register for a Skype workshop sponsored by Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation from 6:30 to 8 p.m. May 3 at the County Government Center in Woodstock.
Cost is $22. Must be 18 or older to attend. Information, registration: 540-459-6777.
The following students from Clear Brook have been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Radford University:
• Madison E. Lewis, of Cross Junction. She is a senior majoring in interdisciplinary studies.
• Abigail Marie Foura, of Clear Brook. She is a senior majoring in interdisciplinary studies.
The following students have been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Radford University:
• Cassidy Funk, of Edinburg. She is a senior majoring in criminal justice.
• Savannah Lynn Ludwig, of Edinburg. She is a junior pre-nursing major.
• Ashtin S. Martz, of Edinburg. She is a senior majoring in media studies.
• Alex Campbell Atwood, of Front Royal. He is a senior double majoring in biology and management.
• Jenna Lynn Beatty, of Front Royal. She is a senior majoring in interdisciplinary studies.
• Bianca Antoinette Dickerson, of Front Royal. She a senior majoring in sociology.
• Dominique Alexis Martin, of Front Royal. She is a junior design major.
• Allen Clark Mulligan, of Front Royal. He is a junior majoring in exercise, sport and health education.
• Rachel Wolf, of Front Royal. She is a senior double majoring in media studies and psychology.
• Vanessa Lynn Calevro, of Linden. She is a sophomore pre-nursing major.
• Kaitlin E. Harriman, of Linden. She is a senior majoring in chemistry.
• Joseph Trent House, of Linden. He is a senior majoring in criminal justice.
• Brandon Tusing, of Maurertown. He is a senior majoring in exercise, sport and health education.
Send in your events to email@example.com and your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print This Article