Community News & Events
Luke Estep, a member of Boy Scout Troop 54 in Edinburg, attained the rank of Eagle Scout on May 7. His Eagle Scout project was to build an outdoor classroom in the courtyard at Ashby Lee Elementary School.
A card shower is planned for Viola Burner, who will celebrate her 88th birthday June 2. Cards can be sent to her c/o Greenfield of Woodstock, 935 Ox Road, Woodstock 22657.
The Woodstock Enhancement Committee will sponsor a family fun day featuring Steve the Magic Guy at 9 a.m. Saturday at the South Street Barn Farmer’s Market.
A chicken barbecue dinner to benefit the Mountain View United Methodist Church will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday at the Back Creek Ruritan building in Star Tannery. A free-will offering will be accepted.
The following volunteers are scheduled at the Strasburg Museum:
• Sunday: morning, Donnie Davison; afternoon, Philip and Holly DeLauder.
• Monday: morning, Polly Wilson; afternoon, Shirley Maddox.
• Tuesday: morning, Judy Cosby; afternoon, Tim Taylor.
• Wednesday: morning, Jackie Richard; afternoon, Bill and Pat McClanahan.
• Thursday: morning, Harry and Helen Propst; afternoon, Pat Kelly.
• Friday: morning, Linda Williams; afternoon, Gloria Stickley.
• Saturday: morning, Carolyn Mckiernan; afternoon, Donna Bollhoefer.
The Shenandoah Valley Computer Club will meet from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg.
The Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg will show the PG-rated movie “Finding Nemo” at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Snacks provided.
The Shenandoah County Chamber of Commerce along with Java Media and the Town of New Market will hold the last in a series of marketing partnerships educational programs from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Shenvalee Golf Resort in New Market.
The program will be an open forum to discuss tools, ideas and opportunities to market your business.
Classes are $35 and limited to 12 seats. Information, registration: www.JavaMediaMarketing.com or email email@example.com.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following story times in June:
Big Kids story time: 3:30 p.m., Tuesdays, for kindergarten and up.
Toddler story time: 10:15 a.m., Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Preschool story time: 11 a.m., Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Books and Barks program: 10:10 a.m., June 4.
Time for Baby (for ages up to 2): 11 a.m., June 7, siblings welcome.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following 4-H meetings will be held:
- 4-H Goat Club: 7 p.m., Wednesday in the cafeteria at Central High School.
- 4-H Exchange Club: 7 p.m., Wednesday at the Historic Courthouse in Woodstock.
Send in your events to firstname.lastname@example.org and your news to email@example.com.
Print This Article