Community News & Events
A card shower is planned for Wally Foster, who will celebrate his 75th birthday July 27. Cards can be sent to P.O. Box 294, Toms Brook 22660.
Handley Regional Library is partnering with Alama Drafthouse Cinema to support Kids Camp at the Alamo by showing a new movie each week in July. From today through Thursday, the movie being shown will be “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.” Viewings begin at 10:30 a.m. at the Alamo and patrons are asked to pay $1-$3 per person.
Information: Donna Hughes at 540-869-9000 ext. 215.
Mt. Zion Methodist Church in Strasburg will hold a yard, food and bake sale starting at 8 a.m. Saturday at the Annex at 327 Branch St.
The following volunteers are scheduled at the Strasburg Museum:
• Sunday: morning, Donnie Davison; afternoon, Pat Kelley.
• Monday: morning, Joan Farrell and Ann Wilson;
afternoon, Suzanne Arthur and Margo Hammock.
• Tuesday: morning, Judy Cosby; afternoon, Terry Goad.
• Wednesday: morning, Phil Loving and Sally Fravel;
afternoon, Judy Grubb and Sherry Anderson.
• Thursday: morning, Gloria Stickley and Fay Sonner;
afternoon, Marie Spence and Bryan Stonesifer.
• Friday: morning, Linda Williams; afternoon, Ginger Aliotti.
• Saturday: morning, Carolyn McKiernan and Ann McElyea;
afternoon, Hope Brim and Evelyn Judy.
Summer reading program
Handley Regional Library will hold family summer reading programs as part of the Read for the Win Mondays through Aug. 1.
The program for Monday will be magic with Mike Klee at 10:30 a.m. at Barns of Rose Hill in Berryville and 2 p.m. at Handley Library in Winchester. Information: Laurine Kennedy at 540-955-5144.
Scott Dawson with NW Works will be the speaker at the luncheon meeting of the Kiwanis Club of Old Town at noon Monday at the Godfrey Miller Home on the Old Town Mall. Information: Tessa Doherty at 540-247-2353.
The Shenandoah County Chamber of Commerce will hold a networking lunch from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Hampton Inn in Woodstock.
The guest speaker will be Elise Stine-Dolinar from the United Way, who will discuss the upcoming Day of Caring on Sept. 14. Volunteers and projects are needed.
The cost is $10. Registration required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reading is Magic
Johnny-O and his Reading is Magic show will perform from 3 to 3:45 p.m. Tuesday at Handley Library in Winchester and from 2 to 3 p.m. Wednesday at Bowman Library in Stephens City. Information: 540-662-9041 ext. 16 or 540-869-9000 ext. 215.
Samuel’s Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following programs:
• Tuesday: 3:30 p.m., big kids story time for ages 6 and older. The theme will be about fish. Children will make a craft.
• Wednesday and Thursday: 10:15 a.m., toddler story time; 11 a.m., preschool story time. The theme will be dinosaurs. Siblings welcome.
Send in your events to email@example.com and your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.