Community News & Events for Sept. 15
The South Warren Ruritan Club presented two $1,500 scholarships at its annual family picnic.
Richard Vo, a 2016 graduate of Warren County High School, was awarded the Edgar R. Baldwin Memorial Scholarship. He plans to attend Eastern Mennonite University.
Bridgett Berkeley, a 2016 graduate of Skyline High School, received the J. Berkeley Pomeroy Memorial Scholarship. She is enrolled at George Mason University.
A card shower is planned for Carolyn Shrum, who will celebrate her 65th birthday Sept. 19. Cards can be sent to 2959 Buck Hill Road, Mt. Jackson 22842.
Snoopy will visit Handley Library at 10:30 a.m. Friday as part of the weekly dance party in the Children’s Room. Snoopy’s visit is part of the library’s celebration for Library Card Sign Up Month. He will be available for pictures afterward.
Information: Aimee Gangai at 540-662-9041, ext. 21.
Warren County Parks and Rec has announced the following classes:
• Justifiable use of force: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, at county community center, for ages 10 and older. Learn about the use of force in self defense with hands, knives and firearms. Cost: $35. Information: Rex King at DFV357@yahoo.com.
• Successfully selling on eBay: 10-11 a.m., Sept. 24, at county community center, 538 Villa Ave. Learn how to bring up approval ratings, register for Pay Pal and spice up item descriptions to make them more appealing to customers. Cost: $35. Registration deadline: Saturday.
Information: 540-635-1021 or online at www.warrencountyva.net.
The Shenandoah Memorial Hospital Auxiliary will hold a gourmet nut and candy sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday in the hospital’s surgical lobby, Door No. 3.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will hold the following Art Club meetings for tweens and teens on Monday:
• Coloring Club: 5:30 p.m., color enchanting designs that feature hidden objects and fun mazes.
• Manga Art: 5:30 p.m., bring your sketch book and get tips from other artists.
The Shenandoah County Extension office has announced the following 4-H clubs will hold meetings:
• New Market 4-H Club and Cloverbuds: 6:30 p.m. Monday at Reformation Lutheran Church.
• Lebanon Church 4-H and Cloverbuds: 7 p.m. Monday at the community center.
The Warren County Special Education Advisory Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at the Special Services-Diversified Minds conference room, 465 W. 15th St., Suite 500, Front Royal. The group’s business meeting will begin at 6 p.m.
A panel of Special Education teachers and Administrators will discuss the Childfind process and early childhood special education.
Information: Laurie Adams at 540-683-1767.
The Bread of Life Food Pantry will distribute food from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday at 156 S. Muhlenberg St., Woodstock.
Appointments can be scheduled by calling 459-1928.
Send in your events to email@example.com and your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print This Article