Community News & Events for Sept. 3
The following offices will be closed Monday in observance of Labor Day:
• All branches of the Handley Regional Library system, Handley, Bowman and Clarke County. Libraries will reopen at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
• The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock.
• The Frederick County Regional Landfill and all county citizens’ sites.
• Belle Grove Plantation, south of Middletown.
A card shower is planned for Belva Bowers Guard, who will celebrate her 97th birthday Sept. 11. Cards can be sent to her c/o Greenfield Assisted Living, 935 Ox Road, Room 208-B, Woodstock 22664.
The Massanutten Antique Tractor and Gasoline Engine Club will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Edinburg Fire Hall.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following groups will hold meetings:
• Edinburg FCE Club will meet at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Extension office.
• 4-H/FFA Livestock Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Extension office.
• 4-H Goat Club will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the cafeteria at Central High School in Woodstock.
• Little North Mountain 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Liberty Baptist Church in Strasburg.
• 4-H Exchange Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the courtroom at the Historic Courthouse in Woodstock. Information: 459-6140.
EDGE Ensemble will perform works by Osvaldo Golijov, Elena Kats-Chernin and Chen Yi at 8 p.m. Wednesday at Bright Box Theater, 15 N. Loudoun St., Winchester.
Tickets are $12. Information: 540-665-4569 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handley Library in Winchester will hold the following story-time programs in September.
• Stories with a Sheriff (for all ages): 4 p.m., Wednesday.
• Preschool (ages 3 and up): 10:30 a.m., Sept. 12, 19 and 26.
• Baby Time (ages birth to 15 months): 10:30 a.m. Sept. 13, 20 and 27.
• Toddler Time (ages 3 and under): 10:30 a.m., Sept. 15, 22 and 29.
The Kiwanis Club of Blue Ridge will meet at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at the Best Western Lee Jackson in Winchester. The guest speaker will be Sarah Elizabeth Jefferies, the 2016 Miss Frederick County Fair and a student at Lord Fairfax Community College.
The Christian Women’s Club will meet from noon to 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club in Front Royal.
Beth Waller will discuss “Preparing Your House for a New Owner.” Ron Medina, a composer, singer and guitarist, will present special music.
A speaker from Mechanicsville will discuss “Learning to Say Goodbye.”
The cost is $16. Free child care will be provided. Reservations: Betty at 540-622-2939 or Shirley at 540-635-4560.
Response Inc., which offers support for people affected by domestic violence, will hold its annual meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Maurertown Brethren Church. Information: 459-5599.
Thursday is the deadline to register for an eight-week ultra line dance class sponsored by Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. beginning Sept. 15 at the Charter House School in Edinburg.
The class is open to ages 10 and older. The fee is $38. Information: 459-6777.
Send in your events to email@example.com and your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print This Article