Community News & Events for Sept. 30
A card shower is planned for Beverley and Lillie Fleming, who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on Oct. 2. Cards can be sent to 542 Fleming Road, Mt. Jackson 22842.
The following volunteers are scheduled at the Strasburg Museum:
Sunday: morning, Conly and Tina Crabill; afternoon, Marie Spence.
Monday: morning, Polly Wilson; afternoon, Linda Williams.
Tuesday: morning, Ibby Stratton and Wendy Pieper;
afternoon, Ibby Stratton.
Wednesday: morning, Jackie Richard; afternoon, Sue Foster.
Thursday: morning, Richard and Sandra Lawson;
afternoon, Jeanette Dovel and Mary Beth Vincent.
Friday: morning, Peter Zarrella; afternoon, Richard Smoot and Jack Grubb.
Saturday: morning, Margo and Lynn; afternoon, C.J. Borden.
The National Honor Society of Stonewall Jackson High School will host a Red Cross blood drive from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday. Walk-ins welcome.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following meetings will be held:
• The Seven Bends 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Round Hill Church of the Brethren.
• The 4-H Goat Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Extension office.
• The 4-H/FFA Livestock Show and Sale open meeting/awards program will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Board of Supervisors’ meeting room at the county government center in Woodstock.
• The 4-H Exchange Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Historic Courthouse in Woodstock.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following story time programs:
• Tuesday: 11 a.m., Time for Baby (up to 2 years old), theme is “Apple of My Eye, siblings welcome; 4:30 p.m., Big Kids (for children in kindergarten and up), theme is spiders, a S.T.E.M. program.
• Wednesday and Thursday: 10:15 a.m., toddler story time; 11 a.m., preschool story time, theme is veggies, siblings welcome.
Warren County Parks and Recreation will offer the following programs:
• Mah Jongg Players Club: 10 a.m.-noon on Tuesdays in October at the community center. Cost is $6 per player. Players must bring their own players card. Information: 540-252-4252.
• Tiny Tykes play day (open to ages 2-5): 10 a.m.-noon, Tuesdays and Fridays and 6-8 p.m. Thursdays through Dec. 30 at the Warren County Health and Human Services Soft Play Room. Cost is $2.
Information: Tiffany Walker at 540-635-1021 or email@example.com.
The Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold preschool story time for ages 3 and up at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesdays in October.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will offer the following free classes:
• Beginning computer: 1-2 p.m., Tuesdays for four weeks.
• English as a second language: 10 a.m.-noon, every Tuesday and Thursday.
• General Education Development (GED): 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., every Tuesday and Thursday.
• Intermediate computer class: 1-2 p.m., Thursdays. October classes will focus on Microsoft Word.
Send in your events to firstname.lastname@example.org and your news to email@example.com.