Community News & Events for Nov. 25
The Strasburg Chamber of Commerce has announced activities being held on Saturday as part of Shop Small Saturday.
• A pancake breakfast will be held from 7 to 11 a.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church.
• A Santa’s workshop will be held at the Chamber office from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. featuring vendors and a silent auction bidding on trees and wreaths at 132 W. King St.
• Shops will be staying open late and the day will wind down with a Shop Small party at Pot Town Organics.
The Lunch Bunch will meet at noon Monday at the Strasburg United Methodist Church. Reservations can be made by calling 465-3418.
Arts Council of the Valley has launched “Save A Seat at Court Square Theater,” a fundraising campaign to replace the seats in Court Square Theater in Harrisonburg.
The goal for the campaign is $75,000, the cost of purchasing and installing 250 new theater seats. The organization hopes to meet its fundraising goal by April so that it can purchase and install the new seats in May.
Donations can be made by calling 540-433-9189, online at valleyarts.org/saveaseat or in person at Court Square Theater at 41-F Court Square or Arts Council of the Valley, 311 S. Main St., both in Harrisonburg.
Information: 540-801-8779 or www.valleyarts.org.
The Lebanon-St. Stephen’s Community Choir, under the direction of Marcy Bauserman, will perform the first of its 34th Season of Christmas concerts at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Strasburg United Methodist Church.
• A card shower is planned for Charles Foster, who will celebrate his 90th birthday on Dec. 2. Cards can be sent to 2483 Jericho Road, Flint Hill 22627.
• A card shower is planned for Susan Rinker, who will celebrate her birthday on Dec. 2. Cards can be sent to 25043 Old Valley Pike, Maurertown 22644.
The Arts Council of the Valley has announced the following programs to be held at the Court Square Theater, 41-F Court Square, Harrisonburg:
• The film “Harry & Snowman” will show at 2 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. today through Thursday. Tickets range from $8 to $9.50.
• The film “Moonlight” will show at 4:25 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., today, Saturday and Thursday; 4:25 p.m., Sunday through Tuesday. Tickets range from $8 to $9.50.
• The Lip Sync Battle final competition will take place at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets are $25.
Information: 540-801-8779, 540-433-9189 or www.valleyarts.org.
Zappos.com will work for a second year with Best Friends Animal Society to sponsor free pet adoptions this holiday season.
Beginning today through Monday, customers will have the opportunity to adopt a dog or cat through the Zappos.com Pawlidayz initiative. The company has pledged to donate a total of $1.25 million to Best Friends Animal Society.
More than 115 shelters, rescues and humane organizations across the United States, including the Humane Society of Warren County, will participate in the initiative. The Humane Society of Warren County is an active partner in Best Friends No More Homeless Pets Network, which offers help and support to animal rescue groups.
To adopt an animal this holiday season, stop by the Humane Society of Warren County at 1245 Progress Drive, Front Royal, call 540-635-4734 or visit www.humanesocietywarrencounty.org.
Send in your events to firstname.lastname@example.org and your news to email@example.com.