Community News & Events for Nov. 4
St. John’s United Methodist Church Women in Edinburg will hold an Election Day soup and sandwich luncheon from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday. Eat in or carry out.
Rotary Club of Frederick County member Susan Lehrer will talk about her service in Afghanistan as part of a Veteran’s Day program at the club’s meeting at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Shenandoah Valley Westminster-Canterbury in Winchester.
Information: Kitty Zuckerman at KZuckerman@svwc.org.
Samuels Library in Front Royal will hold the following programs:
• Tuesday: 4:30 p.m., Maker Club meeting for school-aged children who want to make something creative and explore a new topic each week through books and activities. The theme will be aliens.
• Wednesday and Thursday: 10:15 a.m., toddler painting story time; 11 a.m., preschool painting story time, bring a paint shirt. Siblings welcome.
• Thursday: 5 p.m., period dancing with the Shenandoah Valley Civil War Era Dancers.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
The Woodstock United Methodist Church Men will hold an Election Day dinner featuring turkey and all the trimmings from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Cost is $12 for adults, $6 for children 6 to 12 and free for children under 6. Proceeds benefit several local ministries.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following 4-H meetings will be held:
• St. Luke-Saumsville 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Saumsville Christian Church.
• 4-H Livestock Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Wakemans Grove Church of the Brethren.
• Northwest District 4-H All Stars will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Extension office.
• Little North Mountain 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Liberty Baptist Church in Strasburg.
Send in your events to email@example.com and your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.