Conservation awards presented
The Lord Fairfax Soil and Water Conservation District awarded local conservation leaders for their contributions toward improving local soil and water quality during its annual awards luncheon on Nov. 10 at the Lee-Jackson Inn and Conference Center at the Best Western in Winchester.
The following awards were presented during the ceremony:
• Outstanding Conservation Educator Award: Denise Thompson, of the Mountain Vista Governor’s School.
• Shenandoah County Clean Water Farm Award: R. J. Davis Family Enterprises LLC.
• Warren County Clean Water Farm Award: Duane W. Norman.
• Outstanding Conservation Farm Award: John E. Venskoske Sr., of Frederick County.
• Outstanding Conservation Farm Award: 4F & L Land Holdings LLC.
• Outstanding Urban Conservation Award: Timothy A. Youmans, planning director, City of Winchester.
• Outstanding Urban Forestry Leadership Award: Jennifer L. Jenkins, arborist, City of Winchester.
• Outstanding Conservation Outreach Award: Kelly B. Henshaw, city engineer, City of Winchester.
• Outstanding Dam Safety Partnering Award: Kelly A. McClary, director of design and construction with the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation, and Daniel C. Cox, project manager with the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation.
• Outstanding Media Partner: Linda Ash, editor of the Northern Virginia Daily.
Print This Article