Veterans Day programs
The following activities are being held on Friday observing Veterans Day:
• Massanutten Military Academy in Woodstock will hold a parade at 10:45 a.m. followed by a tribute ceremony at 11 a.m.
• Peter Muhlenberg American Legion Post 199 will offer free lunches to veterans starting at noon at 411 S. Muhlenberg St.
• Massanutten VFW Post 2447 in Edinburg will offer free lunches to veterans from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Navy Capt. Brian Madden will be the speaker at a Veterans Day ceremony at 11 a.m. at the Warren County Courthouse. Also attending will be the E. Wilson Morrison Elementary School choir, Randolph-Macon Academy band and honor guard, Skyline High School band and Warren County High School band.
• A free lunch for veterans will be held from noon to 2 p.m. at the American Legion Giles B. Cook Post 53, 22 W. 8th St., Front Royal.
• Page County High School will hold a Veterans Day program and breakfast at 8 a.m.
• VFW Comer-Jones Post 621 will hold a Veterans program with light refreshments at 11 a.m. at 218 Veterans Lane.
• Delegate Chris Collins will be the speaker at a program sponsored by the Winchester-Frederick Veterans Council at 10:30 a.m. at Omps Funeral Home South Chapel on state Route 522. The VFW Conrad-Hoover Post 21 Color Guard will do a 21-gun salute. Attending will be members of the Frederick County Board of Supervisors and Winchester Mayor Elizabeth Minor.
• The VFW post will provide a free lunch open to the public from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Middletown will unveil its Veterans Memorial at 1 p.m. at 8050 Main St.
• Delegate Dave LaRock will be the speaker at a program at 11 a.m. at the Berryville Clarke County Government Center.
• The Clarke County Memorial VFW Post 9760 will hold an open house with free lunch following the program at 425 S. Buckmarsh St., Berryville. Veterans Memorial bricks will be dedicated later that day.
• Boyce Elementary School, in Boyce, will hold a Veterans Day program at 1:30 p.m.
• Boy Scout Troop 34 will hold a flag retirement ceremony at 6 p.m. at Rose Hill Park
• The Clarke County Community Band will give a special performance at 7 p.m. at the Barns of Rose Hill, 95 Chalmers Court.
• St. Luke Brethren Church will honor veterans and their spouses with a free meal from 5 to 7 p.m. at 3250 Back Road, Woodstock.
• The Woodstock Eta Chi chapter of Beta Sigma Phi Sorority, in cooperation with Lowe’s and Sons of the American Legion Post 199, will hold an American Flag exchange beginning at 9 a.m., while supplies last.
• Round Hill Church of the Brethren in Toms Brook will host a community dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Veterans eat for free. A free-will offering will be accepted to benefit the Wounded Warriors Project.
• Pioneer Bank will sponsor a luncheon at 1 p.m. at VFW Comer-Jones Post 621, 218 Veterans Lane, Luray. Reservations are requested by today by calling 540-778-1775.
• Crossroads Baptist Church will hold a community soup and sandwich meal for veterans and their immediate family from 12:15 to 1:30 p.m. at 11265 Senedo Road, Mount Jackson. Information: Clara at 856-2096.