Community News & Events for Jan. 6
A card shower is planned for Nancy Keeler, who will celebrate her birthday on Sunday. Cards can be sent to 405 W. King St., Strasburg 22657.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will offer the following programs this month:
• Kids Love Coloring: 4:30 p.m., Tuesdays. Coloring books provided, bring pens and pencils.
• Storycrafters (for all ages): 6 p.m., Tuesdays.
• Story time (for ages 2-5): 11 a.m., Wednesday and Jan. 18.
• Baby Time (for ages birth-15 months): 11 a.m., Thursdays.
• Preschool Time (for ages 3-up): 11 a.m., Jan. 14 and 28.
• Paws for Reading with therapy dogs: 1 p.m., Jan. 14 and 28.
• Toddler Time (for ages 3 and under): 11 a.m., Jan. 16, 23 and 30.
• Manga Art (for tweens and teens): 5:30 p.m., Jan. 16, bring sketch book.
Information: Donna Hughes at 540-869-9000, ext. 215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Humane Society of Warren County will hold an orientation for junior volunteers ages 10 to 15 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday for its Paws to Read program.
A parent must attend the orientation. Volunteers will meet on the first two Wednesdays of each month.
Information: Sue at 540-635-4734 ext. 227 or email@example.com.
The Cedar Creek Valley Ruritan Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Gravel Springs Lutheran Church, 870 S. Pifer Road, Star Tannery. Information: 465-4159.
The Amputee Support Group will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the physical therapy department at Shenandoah Memorial Hospital in Woodstock.
Information: Janet at 436-3368 or Melanie at the hospital.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold a genealogy workshop at 6 p.m. Tuesday featuring information on new online resources. Workshops are held the second Tuesday of each month.
The Shenandoah County Extension office has announced the following meetings will be held:
• 4-H Livestock Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Wakemans Grove Church of the Brethren in Edinburg.
• St. Luke-Saumsville 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Saumsville Christian Church in Maurertown.
• Little North Mountain 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Liberty Baptist Church in Strasburg.
Send in your events to firstname.lastname@example.org and your news to email@example.com.