Community News & Events: March 31
• A card shower is planned for Gene and Jane Sager, who will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary on Thursday. Cards can be sent to P.O. Box 323, Edinburg 22824.
• A card shower is planned for Alice Coffelt, who will celebrate her 90th birthday on April 7. Cards can be sent to her c/o Greenfield Reflections, 14 Maynard Lane, Room 28, Strasburg 22657.
Warren County Parks and Recreation has announced the following activities will be held:
• Mah Jongg Players Club: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Tuesdays in April at the County community center. The cost is $6 per player. Players must bring their own player’s card. Information: Deb Jones at 540-252-4252.
• How to Improve Your Photography (ages 12-older): 10-11 a.m., April 8 and 20 at the County community center. Cost is $30. Pre-registration is required by Thursday by calling 540-635-1021.
The Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following activities:
• Preschool story time (ages 3-up): 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays.
• Factivities (a STEM program for ages 6-11): 3:45-4:45 p.m., Thursdays.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal has announced the following classes for adults will be held:
• Hello Computer: 1-2 p.m., Tuesdays in April, for total computer novices that covers turning on a computer, using a mouse, setting up email and using the Internet.
• Exploring Computers: 1 p.m., Thursdays in April. The class will focus on sharing and managing home media including family photos, videos and more.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
The Early Childhood Coalition of Shenandoah County will hold an open house of the early childhood classroom at Stonewall Jackson High School at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal has announced the following activities will be held:
• Time for Baby (ages up to 2): 11 a.m., Tuesday. Theme: spring showers and sunshine.
• The Maker Club (school-age children): 4:30 p.m., Tuesday. Theme: celebrating libraries and books.
• Toddler story time: 10:15 a.m., Wednesdays. Theme: celebrating libraries and books.
• Preschool story time: 11 a.m., Wednesdays and Thursdays. Theme: celebrating libraries and books.
Siblings welcome at all story times. Information: 540-635-3153.
The Humane Society of Warren County will hold a new volunteer orientation at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at 1245 Progress Drive, Front Royal.
Volunteers must be at least 16. A parent must attend orientation for those under 18. Information: Sue at 540-635-4734 ext. 227 or email@example.com.
James Pinsky, education and information coordinator for the Lord Fairfax Soil & Water Conservation District, will be the speaker at the meeting of the Hamburg Ruritan Club at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at St. Johns United Church of Christ.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following meetings will be held:
• Seven Bends 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at the Round Hill Church of the Brethren. • Edinburg FCE Club will meet at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Extension office.
• 4-H Goat Club will meet at 7 p.m. on Wednesday in the cafeteria at Central High School.
• 4-H/FFA Livestock Show & Sale Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. on Wednesday at the Extension office.
• Wesley Chapel FCE Club will meet at 1 p.m. on Thursday at the Extension office.
• 4-H Exchange Club will meet at 7 p.m. on Thursday in the courtroom of the Historic Courthouse in Woodstock. Information: 459-6140.
Shenandoah Conservatory in Winchester has announced the following concerts will be held:
• U.S. Airmen of Note will give a free concert at 8 p.m. on Tuesday in Armstrong Concert Hall
• The Conservatory Bass Ensemble will present its free spring concert at 7 p.m. on Wednesday in Goodson Chapel Recital Hall.
• Soprano Aime Sposato, tenor Michael Forest and pianist John O’Conor will give a free recital at 7 p.m. on Thursday in Goodson Chapel Recital Hall.
• The Conservatory’s Jazz Combos will give a free concert at 7 p.m. on Thursday in Armstrong Concert Hall.
Send in your events to firstname.lastname@example.org and your news to email@example.com.
Print This Article