Community News & Events: April 14
Stephanie Brock from Riverbend Nursery will present a free seminar on garden perennials from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Southern States Front Royal Cooperative.
Toms Brook United Methodist Church will host a program on community awareness of human trafficking at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Program speakers will be from the Strasburg Police Department and an agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The Compassion Cupboard will distribute food from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday at 533 Burgess St., Strasburg. Information: 465-9476.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal has announced the following activities:
• The Maker Club: 4:30 p.m., Tuesday for school-aged children. The theme will be “recycling.”
• Toddler story time: 10:15 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday. The program will be about strange pets. Siblings welcome.
• Preschool story time: 11 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday. The program will be about strange pets. Siblings welcome.
• Books and Beyond Book Club: 10 a.m., Wednesday. “The Boys in the Boat” by Daniel James Brown will be discussed.
• Vibes at the Libes: 12:30 p.m., Friday featuring folk and Americana music by Sally Mae Foster, bring lunch.
Send in your events to firstname.lastname@example.org and your news to email@example.com.