Community News & Events: April 7
A card shower is planned for Dorothy Gatchell, who will celebrate her 90th birthday April 14. Cards can be sent to 156 N. Main St., Woodstock 22664.
The “Peace” It Together Walk/Run and Vendor Fair in memory of Karen Hudson at Warren County High School on Saturday. The autism awareness walk is sponsored by Kelly’s Heroes Club of Warren County High School and the ASIT team of Warren County Public School. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the walk is at 9 a.m. Registration is $20 per person and includes entry, water and a snack. Proceeds will be donated to Blue Ridge Opportunities.
Abba’s House at My Church, on U.S. 11 north of Woodstock, will hold an indoor yard and bake sale from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Lunch available.
The Greater Joy Baptist Church Youth Choir will present a concert at 2 p.m. Saturday at 45 E. Strasburg Road, Front Royal. A spaghetti dinner will follow.
The Town of New Market will hold an Easter egg hunt starting at 9 a.m. Saturday at the town park for children up to 10 years old.
Children should bring a basket. There will also be face painting, Easter tattoos and visits with the Easter Bunny. The hunt will be held rain or shine.
The Cedar Creek Valley Ruritan Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Gravel Springs Lutheran Church, 870 S. Pifer Road, Star Tannery. Information: 465-4159.
Warren County Parks and Recreation has announced the following programs will be held at the County Health and Human Services Complex (except for Speed Dating):
• School’s Closed Gym’s Open Fun Day (ages 7-15): 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday, $5. Signed parental permission slip required. Pick-up basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, batting cage, game room, video games, ping pong.
• Little Movers ballet class (ages 2-1/2-4): 6-6:30 p.m., Tuesdays, five weeks, $35.
• Ballet I (ages 5-9): 6:30-7:15 p.m., Tuesdays, five weeks, $35.
• Ballet II (5-9): 6-6:45 p.m., Wednesdays, five weeks, $35.
• Jazz/Hip Hop (ages 5-10): 6:45-7:30 p.m., Wednesday, $55.
• Ballroom dancing (ages 14-older): 7:30-8:30 p.m., Wednesdays, five weeks, $75 for singles or $135 for couples.
• Speed Dating: 7-8:30 p.m., Thursday at the Front Royal Golf Club. Cost is $10. Additional sessions held the second Thursday of each month.
Information: 540-635-1021 or email@example.com.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following activities will be held:
• Sustainable Farm demonstration open house: 1-4 p.m., Tuesday at the County Farm, 192 County Farm Lane, Maurertown.
• St. Luke-Saumsville 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Saumsville Christian Church.
• 4-H Livestock Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Wakemans Grove Church of the Brethren.
• Little North Mountain 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Liberty Baptist Church, Strasburg.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will host the following programs:
• Genealogy workshop: 6 p.m., Tuesday, offered monthly on the second Tuesday.
• The Maker Club (school-age children): 4:30 p.m., Tuesday. Theme: bunnies.
• Story times: Wednesday and Thursday, 10:15 a.m. for toddlers; 11 a.m. for preschoolers. Theme: Easter. Siblings welcome.
Send in your events to firstname.lastname@example.org and your news to email@example.com.