SAAA honors volunteers at annual picnic
The Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging held its annual senior picnic on June 19 at the Clarke County Ruritan Building.
The event brought seniors together from area counties to celebrate volunteerism and to enjoy fellowship and food, according to a news release. Lunch was catered by the Clarke County Ruritans and Dennis Scott and Skip Royston provided musical entertainment.
Several outstanding volunteer of the year awards were presented during the picnic:
- Warren County Active Living Center: Dee Schools.
- Shenandoah County Active Living Center: Betty Bucher.
- Page County Active Living Center: Suzi Gavaza.
- Frederick County Active Living Center: Vicki Lipton.
- Winchester Active Living Center: Vern Kesner.
- Fort Valley Active Living Center: Richard Gochenour.
- Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging: Tom Reed.
Lisa Cooke and the Clarke County Parks and Recreation Department were presented a certificate of appreciation by the Clarke County Active Living Center.