Ugly, destructive, it can strike you, a loved one, a friend or a colleague.
Today, thanks to research, a variety of available treatments and early detection, many cancer patients are now cancer survivors. Read the courageous battles and triumphs of some of our own Shenandoah Valley residents below.
You will find the complete Surviving Cancer special section in today's Northern Virginia Daily. This section includes photos of more local cancer survivors as well as these features:
- Understanding the stages of cancer
- Eat to prevent cancer
- Chemo with a side of bananas
- Mirror, mirror on the wall...who is that?
- Celebrity health: Eva Larue
- Healing moves
- Pain, pain go away
- Just another day at the office
- 9 lifestyle changes to avoid