By Linwood Outlaw III -- firstname.lastname@example.org
(3 p.m.) FRONT ROYAL -- A fire that started in the pantry of a two-story home on Wednesday morning gutted its kitchen area and caused significant damage to the upper floor levels.
Warren County fire officials responded to the blaze at 474 Kendrick Ford Road at around 10 a.m., said Daniel Roy, who lives in the home with his mother, Darlene. Investigators on the scene indicated it was an electrical fire.
Crews were on the scene for at least two hours, Daniel Roy said. The pantry and kitchen areas were completely destroyed, and the upstairs area of the home has smoke damage. The fire left the home uninhabitable, Warren County Fire Chief Richard Mabie said.
"It was fairly significant. But, it didn't burn the house all the way down," Mabie said.
No one was hurt in the blaze.
For further developments, visit nvdaily.com or read the print edition of The Northern Virginia Daily.